questions on racing 65 mustang - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

questions on racing 65 mustang

I've got this girl that wants to drag race me on my bike with her 65 mustang, once I can ride again that is. Is it just me or does this sound like she is talking alot of shit. She says her 0-60 is 2.5 sec, and her top speed is 220. She doesn't race professionally, just street races, so their is no money involved from what I can tell. She also says she isn't running any nitros or anything. There is no way she could be running those kinds of times is there, I mean without doing som SERIOUS work on her car. She is 17, and doesn't have a job so I don't see how she could have put that much work or money into it. Let me know what you all think, I'm hoping she is just trying to impress me... because that would mean I have a chance with her lol.

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:04 AM

sounds fishy. a 220 top speed may be possible (but still unlikely), but a 0-60 in 2.5 seconds is bordering on lunacy. Look at the tires, if they arent racing, its all crap. Especially given that it all comes from a 17 year old..
But you might want to let her win anyway

post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure its all just crap and she is trying to impress me. But when I get my arm outta this sling I'm gunna give her a shot and see what she can do. She will win the first time around atleast though I already had that in mind. This car is also "Kept in her friends garage" which also makes it sound more fishy. I haven't met her yet, just talked with her online and we have some mutual friends, so I can't really do much for judgement yet. I think she came up with the 2.5 second time off the top of her head because she asked what my 0-60 was and I said between 4 and 5 seconds (yea I know I exaggerated a little bit too, but atleast mine is well within possibility and completly beleiveable)

Sepias

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:31 AM

I smell BS.

Has she run the 1/4 yet? 220mph sounds pretty damn impossible. How is she going to have a 65 Mustang hit top speeds higher than a Mclaren???

You should smoke her ass.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:33 AM

Sepias...your bike does 0-60 A LOT quicker than "4-5 seconds."

I'd bet no slower than 3 seconds flat. I've seen my tank online listed at 3.3.
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:41 AM

Hi SepiasSoul-

You're just kidding with us, right?

A modern Porsche Carrera GT has a top speed of 205 m.p.h. (that's 329 k.p.h. for you, cookeetree!) and a 0-60 m.p.h. time of 3.5 seconds. It achieves this performance from a huge engine making tons of horsepower at the very affordable price of $440,795 so call your local Porsche dealer now for competitive financing rates!

Does this girl really think her forty-year-old car can outperform the half-million dollar vehicle hyperlinked above? My personal assessment is she is looking for any excuse to speak with you in an attempt to have you ask her on a romantic date. Instead of a race, offer to take her out to a nice restaurant and a movie and let us know her response.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
My personal assessment is she is looking for any excuse to speak with you in an attempt to have you ask her on a romantic date. Instead of a race, offer to take her out to a nice restaurant and a movie and let us know her response.
LOL. I asked her out on wednesday and got a very shaky kinda sorta mabey kinda answer. I'm not kidding, those were the times she gave me. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be getting in way over my head if/when I take her on. Hopefully Ill get a date outta all this work lol. Here to hoping

Sepias
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi SepiasSoul-

You're just kidding with us, right?

A modern Porsche Carrera GT has a top speed of 205 m.p.h. (that's 329 k.p.h. for you, cookeetree!) and a 0-60 m.p.h. time of 3.5 seconds. It achieves this performance from a huge engine making tons of horsepower at the very affordable price of $440,795 so call your local Porsche dealer now for competitive financing rates!

Does this girl really think her forty-year-old car can outperform the half-million dollar vehicle hyperlinked above? My personal assessment is she is looking for any excuse to speak with you in an attempt to have you ask her on a romantic date. Instead of a race, offer to take her out to a nice restaurant and a movie and let us know her response.

~ Blue Jays ~
You would be suprised. I know of a couple people with 40+ year old cars that are completely rediculous. I have a friend who built a early 1900's ford roadster and he runs 9 seconds flat in the quarter and still drives it on the street, but I think this girl is out of her mind. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds!! Not without slicks! Tell her I will come down there and race her for $$$$ with my car. I could use a few extra dollars LOL
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:30 AM

LMFAO this is a funny thread.

#1 dude how old are you? shes 17 right??? JAILBAIT!!!!

#2 you "asked her out" or "called her out"...???

#3 id like to be optimistic since i own a 77 cobra, but NO WAY IN EFFING HELL does any 65 stang, i dont care what you do to it, run a 2.5 0-60 and 220mph top speed....thats just ridiculous!

no offense, but dude use your brain next time and think for a second if it sounds right...

#4 your bike is wayyyyyyy faster 0-60 than 4 or 5 seconds, its prob right around 3.

#5 you cant beat her now cause u wont get any play if you do

#6 shes kinda a moron, so i wouldnt wanna date an idiot like that anyways (i didnt say do other things, i said date)

u should post up a pic of this "girl" and her "car", cause i think shes blowin smoke out of her hopefully beautiful @$$!!
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:37 AM

Dude, after reading about your new paint job I dont think your gonna want to race anything any time soon anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode