Anyone else ever get dumped for riding? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Anyone else ever get dumped for riding?

Just curious, she never said word ONE about not liking it the last few years when I was on the FZR, then I picked up the R6 late last season and I could kinda tell she was nervous about it, but honestly, both MSF courses, almost 20k miles under my belt, and im not some spastic squiddie, so I thought everything was fine.

A couple people prolly read my post about the headlights at night thing, after she heard about that she freaked out I guess, but didnt tell me. I got home last nite and her key to my apartment is there, with a note and all her stuff gone.

Basic gist of the note? "I could handle the FZR because it was slower and I thought you were going through a fad, but now with this new one and the problem you just had on it, what if you had crashed etc etc, your going to crash etc etc, this new r6 is a death trap etc etc, and long story short, im not going to be here when it happens."

I didnt think you got dear johned unless you were in the military, boy was I wrong.

(side note) I shoulda realized something was up when she stopped getting on the back.

So she checked out of a 7 year relationship without one word of warning.

Last edited by kypdurron62; 05-09-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Some days are like this.

If she bolted over something like that without ever even talking to you about it - I would say you're lucky. Yeah it was seven years, but at least there's no kids and no legal wrangling, could you imagine if you were married and she had a problem??? What a nightmare!

I met my husband because of his motorcycle, without it, we never would have connected.

Sorry this is happening to you man, but maybe now you'll be able to meet up with a woman that has a love for bikes, maybe even her own!

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:40 AM

my bf had the same type of thing with his ex. She kept trying to get him to stop riding, she was so paranoid. So in the end she gave the ultimatum, me or it. There were other issues as well, so it wasnt just the bike, but it was the straw that broke the camels back I guess. I on the other hand was attracted to that, and love being on the bike with him. Though I do really want my own, hopefully soon! Oh and sorry to hear about your breakup, breakups always suck, no matter what end you are on. I guess all I can say is enjoy your freedom!

Last edited by chels; 05-09-2006 at 10:58 AM.

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

true, the whole marriage thing did cross my mind, so I know I got off lighter than I could have, seeing as how we were set up for one this summer.

Wouldnt have been too big a deal tho, hehe i woulda made a prenup that said hey u can have everything cept the bikes lol.

I dunno im kinda laughing at it but im super mad about it at the same time. Doesnt help the fact that its pouring down rain in sheets right now and I just picked up my baby from the shop.
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 11:01 AM

wow. thats just kinda strange if you ask me 7 yrs. and before getting the r6 wouldnt u have cleared/asked her about it first ya know?

dont know what to say, my wife isnt/wasnt thrilled about it but now that ive taken her on the backa few times she seems to be doing better. i have leraned i cant tell her any stories which sux everytime i tell her about a close call or somthing she wont listen and just tells me to shut up basically lol
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 01:15 PM

Hi kypdurron62-

She had other reasons for leaving the relationship and the "FZR vs. R6" thing was simply a convenient excuse.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 01:39 PM

I have the other problem... I dump guys who don't ride... I'm sorry to hear that she did that to ya, find a girl who will accept it.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 01:58 PM

I agree with Blue Jays - it was something else, or it was a combination of other things plus the R6. Rational people don't do stuff like that; they talk about it and try to sort it out. It still sucks to break up after so long together.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 02:05 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by MeiJin
I have the other problem... I dump guys who don't ride... I'm sorry to hear that she did that to ya, find a girl who will accept it.

post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi kypdurron62-

She had other reasons for leaving the relationship and the "FZR vs. R6" thing was simply a convenient excuse.

~ Blue Jays ~
+1

She may have had a problem with it. Possibly a big one but I agree with Jays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode