Down I went!! Part 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Down I went!! Part 2

Just read the other story, thought I would share mine. Was riding solo down a twisty road, one I don't know very well, suppose I must have been going to fast because I have traveled it before and never had any problems taking the corners. I was probably going 30 or 40 when I came out of a corner and there was another corner fast aproaching, so I was braking to slow down before I entered the corner, however my back wheel locked and then went into a skid, ( I know I know don't use the back brake, but I didn't apply much presure). This bitch was skidding, I mean really skidding, I would say the front tire was going strait and the rear tire was 45 degrees to the right side. I was trying to regain control before I hit the guard rail, the bike started to go up like I was about to get control back then the whole bike just low sided into the sand on the side of the road. There was probably 2 feet of sand before the guard rail, and my bike stopped almost under neath it I had trouble upping it because the fuckign rail was in the way. As for me I was geared up besides my legs, was just wearing jeans but its ok because I didn't touch the ground. I went strait towards the handle bars and took my left mirror to the chest, infact its all red and rashed where it hit me. Besides that I have a pain in my left leg where it attaches to the hip when I was riding home but it doesnt hurt to walk, only put it up and down off the peg, and the back left side of my neck hurts like there is a kink it it, but im guessing these will all go away naturally. As for the bike, the left mirror is crap since it had 180 pounds come down ontop of it at 40 mph. The frame slider is bent to shit, infact I might have to cut it off if I cant straighten it out. the left fairing has roadrash but isnt cracked. The metal frame under the front fairings that the windscreen and mirrors attach to is bent on the left side from me landing ontop if it, I am kinda suprised the fairings didnt snap there but I am happy they didnt. A few of the chrome accents on the front of my bike are missing to, they are little silver things that cover up the screw holes for the windscreen. Aside from that cosmetic stuff as far as I noticed the bike is mechanically sound, I road it home, and oh yea, the front brake handle was bent down some but I can readjust that. Now I was kinda suprised at the fact that I had 3 cars pass me while my bike was still laying on the ground, and all of them just stared strait ahead, and pretended they didn't see me standing there.

Last edited by slick1537; 05-08-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 03:17 PM

Sounds like you may want to just get checked out by a doctor. I don't know that is up to you. Anywho....which bike did you wreck?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 03:40 PM

I agree, hit up a doctor. Sounds like your bike made it out pretty well though. I would replace the bolts on your frame sliders with the highest grade you can find. I've got one grade 12 coming in straight from Yamaha, and a grade 10 for the other side (the bolts are two different lengths for some f'ed up reason). That way they dont stand a chance of bending, or snapping when I torque them like the original ones did. Anyways glad to hear your alright.

Sepias

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 07:22 PM

Wow. This must be a weekend of crashing. I read like 3 separate crash accounts on another board, then myself, and now you! Glad to hear you're alright. Sounds like you had it worse off than I did, but the important thing is that you're up and running again. Oh well. This kinda shit's bound to happen to us, and I guess that we should be expecting more where that came from. I'm guessing that you were on the YZF600R.

We're part of the club now, yay for us
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Man I am in more pain this morning than I was yesterday. The inside of my leg feels bruised, even though you cannot tell by looking at it, and I didn't even feel pain in this leg yesterday! I hope this doesnt make me shitty at work. My chest also feels different than it did yesterday, but its hard to explain, like the pain is higher up. I am just gonna give it all a few days, and if it stay with me or gets worse I will have it checked out by a doctor. Funny thing is yesterday my adrenaline must have been going, because I manhandled my bike when I had to stand it up, last time I dropped my bike (very low speed), I was almost unable to pick it up because I thought it was so heavy.

EDIT: Oh yea I also feel like the roadrash on the bike adds some character. Surely I would rather not have it there, but now when someone asks I can make up sick story about saving a little girl from drowning I dove off my bike or something.

Last edited by slick1537; 05-08-2006 at 11:03 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by slick1537
EDIT: Oh yea I also feel like the roadrash on the bike adds some character. Surely I would rather not have it there, but now when someone asks I can make up sick story about saving a little girl from drowning I dove off my bike or something.

good one, I should try using story similar to that. Glad you're able to walk away relatively fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode