Rude People - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Rude People

Is there a sign on my back that says "Please be rude to me I like it"??? So far since Monday I've had a few rude comments made about me or my bike by other sportbikers and/or their passengers, and about a billion strange looks... I don't know a lot of WI riders except my bf and his friends...so mainly I mind my own freakin' business...but at least I'm nice to other people!

The other day I was riding home from a nice long leisurely ride in the country when two other sportbikers on their shiny GSXR650 and Yamaha R6 pull up just behind me. They must not think I can hear them making snide remarks about my little 250... then the girl on the back of the R6 has the nerve to say something about me... I turned around and politely said, " I'm sorry, but at least I have my own bike *****." And happily rode off.

Yesterday, I pull up to the gas station to fill up(down the street from my place) that apparently has a car/bike show on Tuesdays. Again the wierdest look from sportbikers... not a single one said Hi, not even a nod... you know who talked to me and complimented me on my bike? The Harley riders. Yeah that's right.

Tonight I was just killing time waiting for my friends to get out of work. I was on what is considered the "main strip" here and there were a ton of bikers out. I pull into the gas station, take off my helmet and the guys at the pump next to me look at me like I'm crazy! *sigh* Oh well... seriously what's up with people? Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:56 PM

I only get sas from the harley riders.

Pretty sure zuk's gixxers come in 600, not 650. hehe. But I think your cute nice teg too.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:05 PM

i think u just ran into the very small percentage of shit head riders, some how all in a row. i have had nothing but nice encounters, and i dont have any friends that ride...actually i really dont know any1 around here lol (the price i pay to make cash)

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:31 PM

I'm the 2 cool for school guy when riding, I don't point fingers unless the other rider does. If I have an exciting ride, I say HI to anyone, including cars that are nice, but don't expect a wave. Most of the time, the other riders wave, and I reply the courtesy. It doesn't make a difference unless you pull up to have a chat. And if I see a rider parked on the side, and if it's feasible for me to stop, I do so to check if everything is alright.

So stop caring whether they like your 250 or not, know that you're out there riding and improving, while they're too busy posing and wrecking. In my 1.5 year riding career, I attended bike night twice, once, I left after 30 seconds, and again with a rider I hooked up and stayed for 30 mins. It was absolutely boring, there's no point in watching others make ass of themselves.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 05-03-2006 at 10:36 PM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 11:02 PM

I havent met a single rider that was rude. Even people on harleys and cruisers have been nice to me, cause I just pull up and say hi, nice bike or, hey nice day to ride (since the weather here is still usually shit). Actaully made a few new riding partners this way. The only people that have been rude to me are pedestrians, some kids said something once, not sure about what, couldnt hear them, I think something about my girlfriend, but they were some scumbags with their hats on sideways so I just stared at them quietly and took off when the light turned green. Also had some dude in his car start yelling at me, I think for passing a woman that was only have in the median, and he thought I was gonna go into his lane so at the redlight he started saying fucking bod.. bla bla bla, I couldnt hear him so again, just kept quiet and stared at him.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 11:03 PM

btw, that bike is pretty sweet.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 02:29 AM

sounds like you just ran into a bunch of assholes, just enjoy riding and learning and who cares what size your bike is atleast you have a bike to ride, most bikers are not like that especialy to a beautiful young lady like you.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 04:27 AM

I like your responce, "I'm sorry, but at least I have my own bike *****." And its the truth, I currently only ride on the back of my bf's, and I have no reason to say anything to anyone about bikes, not that i would if I did.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 04:38 AM

hell if i saw you on that bike, id ask you on a date. i mean i know you have a bf, and yeah i guess i got a gf, but hell a chick on her own bike? i dont give a shit what kinda bike it is, it could be all effed up and stuff, but a chick (excuse me, i mean wonderful young lady) is ridin her own bike, i dont care who you are thats hot!

so dont feel bad, cause the guys that look at you strange are probably just gay, literally, and jealous that their bf's are checkin you out.

where in WI are you? one of my frat bros is from madison, and he lives in like...sheboygan right now or sumthin?? i always thought sheboygan was here in michigan, but maybe im wrong.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 04:40 AM

nm answered my own question, milwaukee....duh its under your avatar. well if you see a telefonica tl1000r rollin around, its my boy coop cause nobody else has a telefonica tlr as far as i know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode