Bike Transporting - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Bike Transporting

Not sure if anyone has used Silva Auto Transport or plans on shipping a bike with them...here's some info. I placed my deposit with Silva 1 month ago and was told pickup is between 1-4 days... 3 weeks later complaint after complaint, I had enough. I called them and told them I would like to cancel my order. They told me they needed it in writing so I told them they would receive a fax 1st thing in the morning. Meanwhile, I setup other arrangements to pick the bike up myself. The next morning I sent the fax and was leaving to take the trip and I received a phone call. They said they booked my bike early this morning and the truck was enroute to pick it up. Iím pissed at this point!! Took 2 days off of work, anyways. The truck shows up for pickup 2 days later and said it would be here in 1 1/2 days. Now 4 days later, no one will answer the phone at the trucking company or return my voicemails and I have NO bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 07:44 PM

what bike are you trying to get. I think that is on grounds to knock a few heads. Talk to the better business bureau. If you have written or printed confirmation of the date you were suppose to recieve it keep it. If all else fales, you can take them to court in small claims and try to get your money back.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 07:47 PM

+2

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 08:55 PM

Hell, +3 for that. I'd be doing more than knocking some heads. I'd be cracking some open.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 09:25 PM

ya dude, there is just some shit in my world that you just dont fuck with, the bike is one of them. then my alienware, then my jeep. lol
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 04:56 AM

damn man that sux. ur bike is gone hahaha. no but seriously after all that trouble why didnt you just not let them get the bike, if they were that bad before they had it why did you think they would change during the pickup and drop off of the bike?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

The thing is, I was going to borrow a friends truck and take a few days off and go pick it up. They said it would be here in 2 days and i figured it would be cheaper than driving myself and it spares me 30 hrs of driving.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 01:04 PM

yea i hear ya. update us if you hear anything, have you taken action yet? BBB
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

no, im gonna give it 1 more day
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 01:58 PM

Hi nova5757-

Wow. Is this company a big organization or are they kind of local? A good forum at SBW would be something like "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly" or something like that to rate dealers, suppliers, and experiences so others wouldn't have to endure this outrageous nonsense.

Keep every receipt and carefully log every single telephone call. Hopefully you have detailed pictures of the motorcycle from before the shipping experience. Good luck.

~ Blue Jays ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode