clutch question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

clutch question

When I pull in my clutch lever (disengage it), occasionally at low speeds when I'm coming to a stop I can feel a faint "wobble" coming from the clutch area. I called the dealership, and even though the bike is under warranty they said this wouldn't be covered unless it was something major. So I'm wondering what this could be, and whether or not it's worth them having a look at. This has also been going on for as long as I remember owning the bike. Other than this little bit of a wobble when it is in neutral (which isn't that frequent) the clutch performs fine - no slipping, catching, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 04:41 AM

ummm the dealer can do that, i mean if my cars under warranty and somthing minor goes wrong they have to at least look into it before saying o its nothing major so sorry buddy.
y would you buy a car/bike and have a warranty if they only want to see you when your engine blows up.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 06:22 AM

i dont really get what you are saying...so its happening in neutral? the only think i could think of is if you are in gear, especially in first gear, and you are slowing down and then disengage the clutch, that might happen just from the sudden release of torque on the transmission. other than that, i dont know what to tell you. doesnt sound major, but id make your dealer look at it, its a warranty for a reason. although then you wont have your bike for a few weeks while they get to it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

okay, thanks guys

The dealer bascially told me that I will be charged (even though it's under warranty) unless the clutch is slipping or not disengaging, b/c anything less severe than that is just a "wear and tear" or "adjustment" issue and that's not part of the warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode