1000cc in 600RR? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

1000cc in 600RR?

Ok, its been 2 months since I wrecked the RR and now that summer is just a week away for me I've been thinking of crazy things. 1st idea: Is it possible to take a 2004 1000RR engine and put it in a 2004 600RR frame? This may sound stupid, and chances of it are slim as I know the frames are totally different. But how much different could they be in terms of dimentions and mounting position? I looked at some picturs and the size doesn't seem to be that much different. But beyond that, I have no idea. No, I haven't done any research yet cause I just thought about it like 5 mins ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 05:50 PM

I think it would take a lot of time to do and would probably be a bitch and a half. But if you really want to and have the ability, Im sure you could do it, I wouldnt ride it though!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 05:51 PM

Are you planning on making custom mounts on the frame so you could bolt the engine down? I have no clue if it would fit or not, but if the frames are a little different in size then the bolts probobly wouldn't line up at all. Sounds like alot of work though. Thats just my uneducated though. Good luck on it if you go for it.

Sepias

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:19 PM

Hi JBaz-

I'm sure the excellent Honda engineers have optimized the design for the various engine / frame arrangements. Why not just obtain the frame that correlates to the best engine you have available?

~ Blue Jays ~
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Well, the thing is that the two frames are completely different, but I don't know if the mounting positions are the same. I just wanted to know if it was possible, I haven't put more than 5 mins of thought into this.

I've been looking at the schematics between the two, the only differences I see is that mounting brackets for plastics and other things are different. I'm also not sure of the actual distances between the positions, so the mount points may look correct, but could be off by like a 1mm, since the diagrams aren't to scale with no way to measure the positions.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:33 PM

If the engine lines up, altering the fairing mounting positions would be very easy, which I'm sure you already figured.

Sepias
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

^ I wouldn't need to since I'd be using a 600 frame with 600 plastics, but the mounts for the radiator maybe different. The water pump on a 1000RR seems to be on the left side of the engine block, instead of a 600rr where its right behind the radiator on the front of the engine block.

I should hit up my local honda dealer and talk to some mechanics.

Last edited by JBaz; 04-27-2006 at 06:43 PM.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:43 PM

what happend to the 600rr engine? destroyed from the stunt escapade?
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

pretty much a 2" chuck off the engine block where the stator is. I could reweld it, but the master welder said that when he welds it, it could melt/burn away gaskets near there. And there's quite a bit of gaskets near there and could have oil leaks in the surrounding area.

I was thinking about parting it out, but I love the RR too much to part it, but damn engines are expensive! lol Shit engines for these RR's are about the same price of what I got the whole damn bike for.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:51 PM

Hi JBaz-

If that's the case, then just take the insurance money and put it towards a new 2006 sportbike fresh from the factory. You'll get a new warranty and won't have to worry about peculiar engineering problems.

~ Blue Jays ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode