180 mpg...dammmmnnnnn. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

180 mpg...dammmmnnnnn.

with the rising gas prices..it might catch on..you never know. http://motorcyclecity.com/electric-hybrid/ecycle.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 09:59 AM

Damn, that's better than my Goped!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:09 AM

I wonder how it would handle with that 130 rear tire... I wonder what its 0-60 is as well. If its not fun to ride, its not worth having I'd rather pay extra to ride my 750 at its 30mpg and have fun than to pay less and be board to death, but thats just me.

Sepias

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SepiasSoul
I wonder how it would handle with that 130 rear tire... I wonder what its 0-60 is as well. If its not fun to ride, its not worth having I'd rather pay extra to ride my 750 at its 30mpg and have fun than to pay less and be board to death, but thats just me.

Sepias
I am guessing you didn't even look at the article. It says it is 0-60 in 6 seconds and tops out at 80 mph.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

something like that i could see my self tooling around;using it to go back and fourth to work. as long as it was built safely & i'm getting that 180 mpg...I would keep my bike for the weekends which is when i really get to enjoy the bike in any event. also it's not a matter of replacing my bike wtih an electric one.. i would use it to replace my car whenever i could just to offset the rising price of gas. They're talking about $4 plus a gallon now since we've already passed the $3 a gallon mark and i certainally don't get 180 mpg out of that beast. lol
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:43 AM

the thing has a camel hump for a gas tank.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeMirage1
I am guessing you didn't even look at the article. It says it is 0-60 in 6 seconds and tops out at 80 mph.
I read the bullets and the specs, but missed the paragraph did you all look at the other ones they listed? I'd like to give this one a try.

Sepias
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:53 AM

In some bike mag i have a guy put a hybrid engine into a brand new CBR600...supposedly got close to 100mpg and still handled like a cbr. That would be too frustrating for me tho..."congratulations, you own the slowest sport bike in the world!"
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SepiasSoul
I read the bullets and the specs, but missed the paragraph did you all look at the other ones they listed? I'd like to give this one a try.

Sepias
I'd like to give that dude's mullet a try. (damn that sounded gay)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 01:19 PM

I honest do not feel fuel prices will effect me. True they are next thing to $5.00 a gallon, but what the 'ell at 75+ yrs of age it is not going to have me easing off my hwy pace, planning out the use of my cage, sparing my cage with others & such.

Where I would feel the pain would be if fuel rationing for I do remember that during WWII. Sure I was only 9 yrs of age when WWII started in '39 & 15 yrs old when it was over. My Father's car started out sitting on wooden blocks though his job had a lot to do with moving troops on the CNR railway so often he had to use his cage, but even then he saved or else even his limited rationing would have run out partway through the month.

Obviously something like we all read on the 'net, as showen, does not interest me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode