Why we should remain humble... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Why we should remain humble...

Just looking through my "favorites list" and saw this myspace link i had saved...this girl i was dating at the time showed me this when i got my bike, happened only a month ago or so. This guy was doing 120 on North Lake Blvd. in SoFl with no helmet on(helmet was hanging from the side of his bike).

I don't know if it will have the same affect for you guys, but i read most of the messages with the girl who showed it to me and it was well...humbling to say the least. Stay safe and wear your gear/don't be stupid...i don't want to ever have to hear about this happening to anyone.

"u and that bike were inseperable.....in the long run it separated u from all of us that loved u so much.....dont worry we will all be up there one day to have good times again like we used to...love u"

"the thing u were most proud of ended up killing u....god i wish i would have stoped u in the hall that afternoon and told u to take ur time...oh god...why...i cant even look at this picture with out feeling sick to my stomach.....god damn i hate that bike...i wish someone would have slit ur tires that day...ill never forget u...oh god why did u leave us...i be at ur funeral...i gotta stay strong though...i gotta help other people through this...but i just wish u were still there..."

"i HATE THAT BiKE!!!!!! "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 11:26 PM

Is there a reason why they can't spell out "You"?

there's hope in the words and emotion in the eyes
it's so easy to be misled by the savvy gentle guise
and like fools we trust the delivery
but it's all just drunk sincerity
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 08:27 AM

when you spend enough time typing on the net you just tend to leave the other letters out. i do the same thing, it easier.

but just for whoever wrote that, he killed himself, not the bike. I dont mean to speak ill of the dead but sounds like he was a slow learner. its just to bad his first eye opening experience killed him.

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:21 AM

i agree. it makes it really easy to just write off his responsibility and say it was the all the bikes fault. the bike didnt tell him to go overly fast. it just did what it was told.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sampleofme
i agree. it makes it really easy to just write off his responsibility and say it was the all the bikes fault. the bike didnt tell him to go overly fast. it just did what it was told.
I deffinitely agree...no one likes puting responsibilities on themselves. It's kinda like the bumper sticker "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Same is true about bikes.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 11:51 AM

Hi All-

The guy was a dimwit if he liked to ride triple-digit speeds without full protective gear. I hope he didn't hurt any innocents on the highway as he dug his own grave. That would be the real tragedy.

As an aside, typing in so-called "internet shorthand" to shorten three-letter words to one, ignoring capitalization rules, and using digits in place of letters is childish and silly. It illustrates an inability to communicate in a comprehensible, proper, and sophisticated manner.

~ Blue Jays ~

Last edited by Blue Jays; 04-23-2006 at 11:53 AM.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi All-

The guy was a dimwit if he liked to ride triple-digit speeds without full protective gear. I hope he didn't hurt any innocents on the highway as he dug his own grave. That would be the real tragedy.

As an aside, typing in so-called "internet shorthand" to shorten three-letter words to one, ignoring capitalization rules, and using digits in place of letters is childish and silly. It illustrates an inability to communicate in a comprehensible, proper, and sophisticated manner.

~ Blue Jays ~
blue jays i dont use propper grammar and i dont spell worth a hell but ive seen a few of your posts that were non-"internet shorthand" and they too failed to illustrate any of the comprehensable, proper, and sophisticated mannerisms you claim to hold so tightly. but i guess we shouldnt say anything though cause they are properly punctuated right??? i dont know...i guess i must have missed the thread that said that SBW was only for english major alumni.

as far as the rider goes...i agree. hope nobody else got hurt.

Last edited by sampleofme; 04-23-2006 at 12:57 PM.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 01:06 PM

Unfortunately in being on the internet for the last few yrs my grammer, that was never to good I have to admit, & my spelling has become worse. It frightens me when I see it the next day or so in print.

Sorry for I did not mean to change the aim of this Thread. I guess I am not humbled when I hear about twits that end up being dead from how they road their m/cs & this is probably due to my 60 yrs of riding/driving experience.

True if it was a personal friend or someone I appreciated on the 'net I might feel that is a great loss to the board & whatever they typed out.

Last edited by Smitty; 04-23-2006 at 01:10 PM.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 02:58 PM

Hi sampleofme-

One can disagree with my viewpoints if they wish, but one will find very few people on this forum who will find my writing unclear or otherwise difficult to understand.

As far as the guy who killed himself, wingnuts like him are the reason that people call our bikes "donorcycles" and have a negative opinion of the sport. It's not the motorcycle, it's the man or woman with their hand on the throttle that determines what those two wheels do.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 03:55 PM

i didnt post to insult you blue. just wanted to say that i dont think you can just write off the knowledge a person holds just because they dont use proper punctuation. case in point...smittys old ass...HA! he probably knows and has experienced more than the both of us combined but he doesnt always use correct grammar and spelling...does that mean he is childish and silly? its just not that important on a motorcycle forum. either way im not going to argue it any farther.

Last edited by sampleofme; 04-23-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode