We're Gonna Have A Problem Here.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Some days are like this.

We're Gonna Have A Problem Here....

Spicersh and I live in a fairly quiet neighborhood (with the exception of Crackie and her Shania Twain music), but in the last week we've had some new arrivals - there is a house for sale up the block a ways, and while it's on the market, the owners are renting it out.

The new renters? A chick in her early 20's and her Chrysler convertible, airbrushed front vanity plate, loud music and fast driving. And the male of the group: Squidly McSquiddius.

I got a peek at a new bike out front of this house yesterday and drooled a little: 2006 Gixxer 750. I got a peek at the rider yesterday evening - we live about 100 yards up our street off of the "main drag" and this asshat is doing 50, easily, by the time he gets to our house.

I see (hear) Squidly this morning doing the same damn thing, then five minutes later heading out. In shorts. And a t-shirt. And a backwards hat. Revving it out.

*sigh* This is a residential area with SMALL kids, two under two across the street from each other, and elderly people as well. I am scared to death that one of the babies (with Mom, of course) will be crossing the street and this dickwad will come tear-assing off the main drag, and guess what's going to happen???

Bah.

I don't want to be "That Lady in the Neighborhood", but damn, there is a track not 20 minutes from us that can be used for trackdays! A neighborhood with a 20 mph speed limit is NOT the place to be winding out a sportbike. I guess the only thing I can say is that he probably won't last too long on the bike.

So for all you noobs - behave yourselves in residential areas! Even fellow riders get pissed when you're acting like a squid - you give us all a bad name!!!

[/soapbox]

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:22 AM

Maybe introduce yourself as a fellow rider, try to budge him toward SBW, and very diplomatically ask that he race anywhere but your street.

post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 AM

Call your local popo's and tell them that your road is having a speeding problem, due to some bikers mostly. If its anything like FL up there, half the cops in the state will come and camp out the road. People have done that several times on roads around here. If you call up a few of the other local moms and have them give a ring as well it should help. You could also try a spike strip, or throw a few of those cats at him

Good luck,
Sepias

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:29 AM

I know people who know people who could uhh... dispose... of the problem.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
I loathe being annoyed, it makes me feel angry and malicious.
Glad I'm not in your household right now

Your non-violent options do include calling po-po or talking to the squid. Actually, perhaps you could egg him on to faster riding or street racing, especially when its wet out.

Neighbors can be the hardest to deal with politically. The problem is if you talk to him and he continues, he will assume any police action is a result of you, thus making your home/vehicles a target for his immaturity. Alternatively, nobody like to have to go to the po-po right off the bat.

I don't suppose you're in the market for an '06 750

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 08:51 AM
jab

I dont think the cops should be youre first step, but thats just me. I would talk to them and set them straight. It should work, if not, at least you gave them the opportunity to do right. Otherwise, invite him to the track, and make an ass out of him, that might put a damper on his ego, and slow him down.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 09:10 AM

20 minutes to the track?

Bastard

I'd go talk to him...go up and compliment the bike, get a regular conversation going. Then tell him some crap how someone else on the street had a loud bike before and the elderly neighbors kept calling the cops, so he might want to take it slow on the street. That way you're just being the nice guy.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 10:22 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Having witnessed this bumblefuck's "skillz" firsthand a few times, I was thinking more along the lines of popping some popcorn, grabbing an Arrogant Bastard Ale, and sitting in our yard watching intently until he turns himself into street pizza.

Though I do like the idea of throwing cats at him....

In all honesty I don't see talking to him as a viable option...call it a hunch. He and his girl are very obviously extremely narcissistic and therefore care very little about anyone they may step on while making themselves look cool. Just my take though, I could be wrong. I anticipate he'll either wreck horribly or get tired of riding, thus solving issue.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Some days are like this.

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
Glad I'm not in your household right now

Your non-violent options do include calling po-po or talking to the squid. Actually, perhaps you could egg him on to faster riding or street racing, especially when its wet out.

Neighbors can be the hardest to deal with politically. The problem is if you talk to him and he continues, he will assume any police action is a result of you, thus making your home/vehicles a target for his immaturity. Alternatively, nobody like to have to go to the po-po right off the bat.

I don't suppose you're in the market for an '06 750
Kan - I'm not good during pregnancy, especially this one. I haven't felt well in over four months and it's making me a raging bitch. Scott's probably going to move in with you and Mrs. Kan soon.

I agree on the immaturity level of people... seems to be a theme around here. I am always loath to say something because of retribution. Most people aren't willing to have a calm chat and say "Hey, no problem!", they get assholish and get in your face, which would suck because then Scott would have to kill him.

I was thinking of printing out info out on a local MSF and putting it on the bike with a note **take this, it will learn you how to not be a squid!

The bike is gorgeous and will probably be wadded soon... sad, really. I don't want to resort to the police right away, they have been patrolling our neighborhood more frequently due to a break-in, so he might get himself caught on his own.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by spicerke
<snip>**take this, it will learn you how to not be a squid!
At least you've figured out the right colloquialisms You should be proud having been a west coast girl and figurin' out the local vernacular

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode