Pics from BikeNight @ Zorba's in Riverside, CA - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Pics from BikeNight @ Zorba's in Riverside, CA

It was a pretty big turnout. Lots of people with lots of cool-looking bikes. We hung out there till it closed, then a lot of us headed over to a warehouse to watch stunters. Here be the eye-candy:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:25 AM

Hi lateott_156:

Cool pictures! I especially like the "ghosting" effect on the people. Did you use colored filters for some of the shots to get that greenish tint? What kind of camera did you use? Thanks for posting these.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 05:43 AM

Great pix. Looks like a good time.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 06:38 AM

i was also at zorba's last night, it was the first time in quite a few week that i could get out on a tuesday night. due to rain,cold weather or my wife !!!! had a blast my bike didnt make any of the pic's but i did #21 in the tomlinson football jersey : thanks for taking all those pic's, see ya next tuesday night....... bulldogboogers corona hills, california
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi lateott_156:

Cool pictures! I especially like the "ghosting" effect on the people. Did you use colored filters for some of the shots to get that greenish tint? What kind of camera did you use? Thanks for posting these.

~ Blue Jays ~
Thanks! The ghosting effect was merely the result of the only way to take the pics in the current lighting conditions. Leave the shutter open for 10 seconds and let it capture the movement of the people and the stillness of the bikes. I used no colored filters, and any off-colored tinting that you're seeing might be due to a really offset white-balance. The parking lot lights were really yellow, so I adjusted the WB to make everything look correctly-colored. Well, it didn't (exactly). See the pink CBR in a few of the pics up there? Well... it's not really pink. The camera I used was my usual and only one: the Olympus SP-500UZ .

bulldogboogers:
You had to have seen me sneaking around taking the pics. Couldn't have missed me... Red jacket and this big ass tripod getting in everybody's way. Shoulda just came up and asked me. You coulda pulled your bike out to the middle or something and I woulda gladly done some personally-requested shots. Say hi next time.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 11:28 AM

hay dude...... i saw ya...... but didnt know that was you !!!! are you going to bike night tonight in corona california ???? just off the 91 highway???? it's off green river road. a few of us our going....... thanks again bulldogboogers p.s. if i don't see ya tonight.... i will see ya next tuesday !!!!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 01:48 PM

Hi lateott_156:

OK, the tripod makes it all make sense. The bikes are in perfect focus and then you get that sensation of movement from the "ghostlike" people. The extra-long exposure is what makes that all possible. Cool.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by bulldogboogers
hay dude...... i saw ya...... but didnt know that was you !!!! are you going to bike night tonight in corona california ???? just off the 91 highway???? it's off green river road. a few of us our going....... thanks again bulldogboogers p.s. if i don't see ya tonight.... i will see ya next tuesday !!!!!
Naa, I'm not goin. I have a persuasive speech to pull out of my ass before tomorow (for class), so I won't have time for much else. I'll see ya next tuesday.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:18 PM

wow nice pics man. glad to see eveyone stunting at least wearing a helmet as well
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 04:04 PM

alllllllllllllll- right...see ya next tuesday !!if ya don't mind i will take some pic's tonight !!! and put them on your thread !!! now i don't have a try------pod or anything like that.... all i have is a 199.00 thing that i got at "costco" when they were on sale !!! so i will try and take some pic's tonight !! .................. so we know how you all do it on the "east" side....... and now i will show ya how we do it on the "west" side !!!! bulldogboogers..... corona hills, california...... it's starting to warm up... the street bikes should be out tonight !!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode