Sportbike World banner

Rear end sliding up

3K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  JBaz 
#1 ·
I was riding home from class today and the car infront of me decided to peg the brakes. I got on my front and rear and my rear locked up without to much pressure and slid about 10 or 20 degrees to the right with the bars staying straight. This isn't the first time its happened, but its the first time I've been able to atribute it to my rear brake. Any ideas what could cause this or a way to remedy it? The tires were cold since I had just left campus but I dont know if that alone would cause this.

Thanks,
Sepias

#27 ·
Hard to find an empty lot around here. With the prices of land, nothing stays empty for long. Cops around here aren't to appreciative of people goofing around in lots either. I've gotten a warning for being parked in a parking lot while still in a vehicle before... yea I didn't get it either.

Sepias

#29 ·
Both are right off major roads and are always packed, especially the 24 hour walmart, I live in trailor trash heaven. The sams club is about 30 minutes from my house but could work since there is a resturant infront of it.

Sepias

#30 ·
There has to be a parking lot near you where not too much traffic happens? Atleast a series of parking lots. Just do one slide in each lot and move along so you won't get in trouble. leave your mark on the road. And when a cop stops you and asks what your doing, just tell him your marking your territory and you ran out of piss. lol

#34 ·
sampleofme, brought up a very,very good point & he is 100% correct. You put a flat spot on your rear tyre & each time the rear brake is being applied said rear flat spot to even a few others will suck in the try to suffer more in the same or said spots.

We noted this especially of ex-dirt riders that went to street & were lead foots on the rear brake to where the tyres were woren out in the flat spots while the other parts were not woren that much.

#35 ·
My front and rear are about to be changed anyways. I've got 5000 miles on em and getting near the end of the tread so putting on a few bald spots isn't a big deal at the moment, thanks for the info though!

Sepias

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.