stolen Bike, Insurance - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Angry stolen Bike, Insurance

hey buds,
I just had mybike stolen last night,well I will contact the insurance company monday, with my report. The question is how much do you think they will value my bike at?And how long will it take them to pay off, if its not found.

The bike was the first new bike I ever bought, and I paid cash. 06 Katana 600, with 1500 miles. Jet kit, Slip-on, smokescreen, undertail. I have all my reciepts.

O if they don't find my bike I think I am done with the sport touring model, and wanted to get an opinion on my next bike.
I have been dead set on either R1 or gixxer 1K. I believe I can pick blind folded and come out happy with my choice, but who has the most durable motor and parts wise of the two?
Hands down, R1 is the sexiest to me,but the gix prob. pulls harder, how obout the twisties?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 03:20 AM

the insurance company will probly give you blue book value which is 6399 on your bike with nada , not sure about the add ons some do some dont i know geico will only do 500 you will have to see what your insurance company policy is. my recomandation on your new bike would be go honda but iam kind of partial to hondas hehehehe.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Some days are like this.

If you haven't done so already, call the local police and make a report, then call the 800 number for your insurance company and get the ball rolling on the claim. Most companies have a 24/7 hotline that you can do this with.

As for your next bike, I don't know if I would suggest going up to an R1 or GSXR1000, maybe go with one of the newer 600's, they are plenty of fun with lots of power.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 07:57 AM

yea dude sorry about your bike...

but go to like a ZX6R or something...pretty fast in my opinion
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 11:51 AM

in reference to the how much they will value your bike question. i know im with gieco and they even have a section which i thought was pretty kool about after market parts, you have to tell them in advance and of course prolly pay a lil more but they will cover it all even without recipts as long as they get it on before its stolen or wrecked etc.

SOrry about the bike man hope they catch the fuckers
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 05:40 PM

My RC-51 was stolen 2 years ago. I had Allstate. They determined value by first looking at NADA value then they called area dealers to see what the bikes were going for and paid the higher of the two. NADA does not track value as quick as dealers do. I also verified this with my father. He's a retired insurance claims manager. They did the same way.

Allstate waits 30 days before payoff as did my Dad's company so it's likely fairly common with all companies. Their policy on aftermarket products is 100% if receipts are provided. Receipts are probably not required if it is something you report before hand. I didn't have receipts for the other stuff but wasn't going to get into everything because the idea that it had been raced would have started to clear itself.

As Dad said, most people come out of thefts fairly happy with what insurance companies pay. He said there is no reason for them to skimp because in those cases it more important to have happy customers than being tight over a few hundred dollars.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Thans for the help, I have now got the ball rolling
Looks like I'm gonna miss some good riding weather here in texas. But why do you guys think I ought to go for a 600 class, yea I now they are probley over powered for me know, altho I have a few years under my belt, just not on a litre bike. But one day I will regret not having those ponies, wheather it be trading-in, or needing more power. Gixxer 1K aw man. gotta love it. and R1 is a beauty. Which bike will stand the test of "TIME".
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by themovieblaster
Which bike will stand the test of "TIME".
Neither. Both will be replaced by a lighter, purtier, faster, reliable, and arguably safer literbike next year. Question is... will it suit you?

Another words, because of Japanese inlines are developing so quickly, if you want a bike with heritage and history, these aren't it. If you want a bike that are indeed slower but to some presents character, I think twins would fit the criteria, especially Ducatis. As for reliabilty, it will always be Japanese bikes coming next year, etc.

I have a '99 F4, it gets the job done, and then some. Most of the time, I am rolling off the throttle to avoid another ticket. An 06 literbike will no doubt up the ante on roll-offs or traffic tickets.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 04-16-2006 at 10:01 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 06:23 AM

As far as the liter bikes go, the 2006 liter bikes are all so close in power, weight and price that your decision should be based on looks and which dealer gives you the best deal. 99% of the street riders would do the same on all of them because they are all that good. All four of the major brands are high quality, well built and reliable. I bought the new CBR1000RR because a Honda dealer near my home gave me a good deal. Most dealerships insulted my intelligence by stating MSRP as their initial offer so I left and continued to look. I had narrowed it down to the ZX10 and the CBR by the last day. The R1 was not really in the running but only for personal perference. I like it's looks this year the least of the four but I still wouldn't hesitate to own one. They all four look good. Can't go wrong with any of them.

The sexiest bike on the market in 06 IMO is the Daytona 675 though.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:47 AM

Hey Movieblaster, if you don't mind me asking I'm sure everyone would like to know how it was stolen. i.e.- at night time/broad daylight? locked/unlocked?.

I know just how you feel. My last bike(scooter-a really nice scooter) was stolen a few years back. I made the mistake of getting too comfortable and stopped locking it up. And sure enough it was stolen in broad daylight next to a busy steet.

Glad to hear you had theft coverage for it. That's a huge relief for you I'm sure. The dumb f*ck who stole it is most likely in the hospital for wrecking it anyways. I hope he/she lost a few limbs in the process. Good luck on your next ride man!

P.S.- think about investing in some sort of alarm system if you haven't already. Most insurances will be happy to cut you a better deal if you agree to have an alarm and even a better deal if you have a garage. Just an F.Y.I.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode