Is the latrest Kwacker 1000 into frame problems? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Is the latrest Kwacker 1000 into frame problems?

This was really for your attention Vash as you are one of the few with said Kwacker 1000. Seems there are some parts of the frames at a stress point that are starting to crack away. Also on the same board they were commenting on something like "--first wheel problems & now this--" for it seems this is not an isolated case. You might enquire around a bit & hesitate about doing to many stunts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 05:26 AM

Stunts? Who me? Hell, I never go over 55. [/innocent] I have heard something about said problems, but not from a concrete source yet. I would appritiate if you post a link to the most reliable source.

The wheel thing was one of the most honorable thing I have ever seen the auto manufacturer do. 1 of the part suppliers had a potential problem with the casting. they only found 2 bikes in the world that had the possible defect, and yet they still replaced every wheel out there. That deserves some respect.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 05:48 AM

What happens when you hit a 70mph speed limit? still go over 55? hehe

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Vash if you dial into www.labusas.org & go back a page from to-day you will probably pick it up with photos of said frame cracking along with comments.

This is a crazy board that does not talk to much about m/cing (yet all are riders of bikes of basically 750cc & up) THOUGH they seem to have latched onto the latest in m/c problems along with factory recalls. Not all ride Busas for one chap mentioned his frame busted as he hit a pot hole more like the size of a crater though never mentioned this problem on the board till the latest came up. I just know what I fed you was from a good source. If I had the PC abilities I would have copied it all including the prints & sent it to this board & another board I am on with another rider much like myself in past comp experience & how he rides plus his skills of whatever he does on his bike like he has handlebars of a flat track style mounted on top of his Kwacker plus a Scotts steering head stabalizer & if you knew how & what he rode like then you to would want to do the same.

Last edited by Smitty; 04-05-2006 at 08:24 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 08:35 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
http://www.labusas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57788

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 08:39 AM

Thats the hard facts. The rest is speculation on wether this is a crack in the metal or the paint, possibility of other cases, people who claim that happened to them, people claim that it didnt happen to them, discussion on wether or not wheelies should qualify as designed stress, and general shit talking.

I'll keep my eyes open for more info.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Glad some of you were able to whip over & bring the info back to this board. Like all of you I would want to see more cases before I would start to worry.

By the way when you chaps were over to the Haybus board did any of you take a look at the collection of bikes C.Dolan has? Believe me Chris has a maze of really old antiques, in good condition for a show along with so many others & has forked out a mint for them YET still collecting, but this is the first show of them & apparently the TV people will do some on the bikes plus a paper or two are taking note of this collector.

Fortunately when he latches onto a new collectors bike he does put shots of the newest on said board which is nice to see.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 05:29 PM

those are some shiny plastics man
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 05:46 PM

^yeah, you can tell that the rider of the bike wears white alpine boots with black leathers???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode