2500 miles, $2000+ later, got my bike license. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

2500 miles, $2000+ later, got my bike license.

Well, ive done a little over 2500 miles on my ninja 250 since buying it. Spent well over 2000 dollars just trying to get my license. the MSF course was fun, taught me some new things and helped me improve on riding.

My life has been hell trying to get this license, and ive finally got it. story:

It all started when I registered 2 days before the course was to begin. back in feb, Due to the fact the mailing of the instructions/information took 5-6 days. they called me and gave me verbal directions. (horrible directions). Left 2 hours early to get there, was only an hour drive. Couldnt find the place, the directions they gave i was off by about 2 miles.

Spent 2 weeks of bullshitting with the people, they wanted us to pay an extra $115 each (i was paying for me and my brother) the class had 6 slots left open still. So its not like we were taking anyones spot. In the end, we did.

Fast forward to last thursday, we once again got directions by them over the phone. this time they were more specific. although not specific enough. class started at 6pm. was massive rain in south florida, first storm in like 30 days. if anyone from south florida remembers that day, it rained hard for hours. So we got to drive in that rain, in our celica GT with the low CAI mount

Once again me and my brother found ourselves lost. so we searched both sides of the roads, and every single place. as we were driving through a parking lot. we dropped into 3 feet of water. It was nearly impossible to see, because it looked leveled with the water. but it was a giant pothole, our car wouldnt started. Smoke was coming out, we hydrolocked it. and bent a rod (didnt find out until friday after having it towed home).

Anyway, as we got out of the car, looking for help. we walked around the corner, oddly enough there is the MSF building. so we pushed our car up on the curb, and went inside. Turns out we werent the only ones whos cars fell victim to the puddle. 2 others also. (we were all there from class end 9:45PM to 12:40AM with triple A.)

MSF fee, $660 (two people + reschedule)
Towing fee, something like 40 dollars + 3 dollars a mile. ~25 miles from home. $60+

valve/rod issue, no clue, going to be expensive. may just swap a Celica GT-S engine into it.

/finish rant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 01:19 PM

Have to admit that is not the greatest story I have read about taking the MSF Course. Still all the bad things are over & you will just have to put that down to some of the bad luck one can run into though so costly.

Good point is you are officially riding FINALLY. Still luck was not with you.

Last edited by Smitty; 03-27-2006 at 01:21 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:38 PM

Damn, sounds like it was the crazyest time...Atleast you have your license now, and can ride the bike...lol

Good luck with everything man...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode