New Colors - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

New Colors

Whats faster, a Ninja or a Harley?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 07:25 PM

Ummmmm a new Harley would probably beat a 10 year old Ninja. A new Ninja would probably beat a 30 old year Harley, a 1200 would beat a 250, a 600 would beat a 1200........in other words, what year and model??????
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 07:49 PM

I believe that a Ninja is faster than Harley ever was. Here is my proof;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley_Granville-Barker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja

Too much time on my hands.

+1 Dan6615 . . . more info needed, but a topic that has been beaten to death, the morgue, grave, and in the afterlife.

A search of previous threads should provide quite a bit of information and discussion.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 04:49 AM

Tentacle alert!

Harkey has got 2 fast bikes. the VF1000 (which you will never find anywhere) or the v-rod family. Most of the rods cant corner, but they can run a very quick quarter (especially the one that comes with wheelie bars). Everything else is junk. Their new "evolution" engine was designed in the early 80's, and was outdated even before it hit the drawing board.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 05:50 AM

Faster, in what respects? You really can't compare a sports bike built for speed and the track, compared to a cruiser bike thats built for crusing the country.

That being said, either platforms can be built to be fast. There are fewer dragsters now days built on harley engines now that zuk's are almost everywhere. Even then, there are still a good number of buell drag bikes (harley engines) that pump 7 seconds or less in 1/4 mile. Now harley's aren't designed to be cornered on the track (cept for the buell, but they really don't count as being "harleys" since it was a different company that harley finally bought out, but used harley engines in sports bikes).

If you want a fair comparison, compare v-twin vs. I-4 engines of different sports bikes, like the sv650, but even then they are totally different bikes.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i found one of those VF1000's and bought it, i have 3 of them now but i cant afford any gear so i usually ride in my wife-beat, shorts and tennies. But i take it you guys would buy the harley over the Ninja huh. Thanks for the help

Bob Dole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode