My bikes and the USA - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

My bikes and the USA

I thought about it and I feel like the leader of the US. Now bare with me, I got really bored and thought about it a lot.

My CBR600 F2 is working, but missing its farings (or self identity) and represents the US. I'd rather prospone fixing the F2 (or domestic problems) and deal with other problems such as the RR or the GSXR (international relations).

My CBR600 RR (2nd bike) bought wrecked, but in working condition and fixed it up a bit and it was happy for a while. The RR represents Afganistan. After initally fixing up the bike and the plans on fully restoring the bike, it was forgotten for a new project bike.

My GSXR600 (3rd bike) bought wrecked and not in working condition is a more involved project and represents Iraq. The project was taken on almost right after the RR (Afganistan) and its in pieces right now. I had good intentions on fixing it up and was a spur of the moment buy with no actual plans on how to carry out the repairs. I have tools to fix it (represents the military), but I may not have enough or the right ones for the job. The bike will have to get worse before it can get better with no end in site.

Thanks for reading this. Btw, progress on the bikes are going slow. 30 hours or so a week for my 2 jobs and being a full time student leaves little time to work on the bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 07:34 PM

...dude... you have way to much time on your hands , though I'm not one to talk, I spend my days working on my bike or watching cartoons (its spring break, get off my back ) But I, like you, see the world in bikes

Sepias
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Did I also mention that on the gixxer that I'm finding random nuts and bolts missing all around the bike included about a half a dozen case cover screws (iraq insurgency). lol

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 09:06 PM

Heh, my bike runs well most of the time, but just keeps burning deeper holes in my pocket to keep going. It has all its screws but most of them are bent outta shape from the external pressure of trying to keep appearences. Its got a great lineage and was voted the bike of the year back when, but it just doesn't seem to stack up as well now in days. And get this, the bike is red and white and my helmet has blue on it Did I mention its also got a screw loose? Heh, I love the US.

Sepias
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 01:13 AM

that about sums up the usa, u buy into shitty things and then are constantly trying to fix them
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 04:52 AM

Re: My bikes and the USA

Quote:
Originally posted by JBaz
30 hours or so a week for my 2 jobs and being a full time student leaves little time to work on the bikes.

Apparently not, since you still have the time to research your political commentary

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 07:06 AM

Were you think an HD would represent? The bike came from a good and proud heritage (spain) but is now constantly loosing oil (people leaving the country). The mechanics all say dont bother fixing it just get a new one (the "oil" going to other countries) Its covered in rust (curruption). And large portions of the bike are just wasted space (vast lands of nothing). I'm such an ass I can think of several places that could fit here. And one is just south of Vash... No offense to anyone, I'm just speaking my mind no matter how empty it is.

Sepias
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 11:52 AM

Makes me thing of a fellow rider only it is his GMC 1/2 ton 4X4 he bought back in 92 or possibly '89. Anyway it has a maze of miles on it & he knows it is nickle & dimeing him to death though will not admit it & does not want to buy anything by Cdn/American being GMC/Ford.

So here he is working on the front right arm that simple wore out & really he should be looking at the left arm along with new brgs & of course he has the electrics hanging out in the dash that are sort of corrected, but he made it through the winter with no heating.

Now he has finally decided to buy a set of 1/2" socket sets in metric not for his Yamaha 350 dual purpose bike, BUT for the truck as he is running up against so many metric nuts & bolts. Mind you he admits when it comes to some nuts or bolts he will have to buy said larger sizes individually.

He has the money but wants to wait another 2.5 yrs for then he will get his pension, but he is living on lots of money left by his parents.

You project seems a bit like his only who's is the most crazy I really do not know.

Personally I will not nicke & dime myself to death & simply dump the one or two bikes or like my '90 truck with only 70,000 Clicks on it for its first failure being a major electronical problem that after over 20 days they still had not cured so bought myself a new SUV. By the way the shop, that took my Mazda 2600 4X4 truck in for a trade-in is still trying to correct it only that was taken in on February 6th.

Last edited by Smitty; 03-17-2006 at 11:58 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:21 PM

Re: My bikes and the USA

Quote:
Originally posted by JBaz
30 hours or so a week for my 2 jobs and being a full time student leaves little time to work on the bikes.
I hear you there. I am in the same situation as you. It is allways work and school. I am taking 17 credits in sxhool this semester and working at my one job 20 hours a week. On the weekend I do construction on saturday and sundays, and of course I need to take care of whatever side jobs I get working on bikes. Lots of people are trying to get their bikes ready for the nice weather. I haven't had a full day off from everything in 3 months. As soon as the weather turns beautiful here I am going to take a whole weekend off and ride.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

I work two jobs of which I have about 40% of free time to surf the net. I generally visit like 10 forums and check up on cnn, msnbc, and local news sites to see whats up. Finally this weekend, I'm getting some work done on the F2 and the RR, but the gixxer is just taking up space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode