Permit experation dates? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Permit experation dates?

So the nearest motorcycle road test I could schedule is march 14th. It also happens that my motorcycle permit expires on march 14th. Was wondering if anyone had any input to whether or not the permit was valid. Does the permit expire at the end of the day, or is basicly done on march 13th? NY btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 02:14 PM

If it says the 14th then you are good till midnight on the 14th.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 02:59 PM

Hi Slick-

Visit the Division of Motor Vehicles office in person that issued the permit and see what they say. I'm sure they'll be able to help...or at least you'll be able to sit for another permit test.

~ Blue Jays ~

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

I called the call center. He said it is valid until the end of the day. However, at the end of the day, it expires, regardless of if i get my licence or not. So if I get my licence technically I dont have the correct ID to ride until it comes in the mail.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 04:49 AM

You don't get your license as soon as you pass the test?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 05:53 AM

Hi Slick-

Once you pass your test I'm sure the license is immediately implied to you. After I passed my motorcycle roadtest, the tester shook my hand and said "...Congratulations, now stop at the office to receive your upgraded license and a get a new photograph taken. Your test passage will be in the system by the time you get there..."

If you were to be stopped by the police five minutes after midnight (the next day, March 15th) you would be guilty of a paperwork violation because you failed to have your license on your person, but that's probably about it. You would just need to attend court to show your valid license to the judge.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 04:45 PM

Yea, all you'd need to pay is the court fee after showing them your license. Thirty bucks in Jersey, probably around the same in NY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode