Went to the dealership, bike impressions from a noob - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Went to the dealership, bike impressions from a noob

So i go to the the dealership this evening and look around, the friendly sales rep was most helpful. yes i am the tool that bought a hayabusa in october and sold it in january, but hell, it was too much power that i just wasnt using, and heck i didnt lost money in the resale, so hey why cry over spilled milk?

Moving on, i want a sportbike that is comfy, wont kill me, and fits in the budget. my biggest gripe is the riding position, i'm big guy(width-wise that is) and friggin'a my back starts to a hurt after a while.

I sat on a gixxer-1000 just for shits and giggles, i dont know what is but after a certain angle of lean my back lets me know that this just wouldnt work.

but anywho...here are the bikes that caught my eye, for style,price, and comfort. now i need you dudes and dudettes to fill in the blanks i have.

in no particular order

1. Suzuki V-Strom 1000-$8100-- Holy Cow this bike is looking beefy, looks tall but has a lower seat that it looks, riding position is ultra nice, its a v-twin, i know what to expect of this engine, i own a crusier. drawbacks right now are price, its 8900, rep says he'll knock it down to 8100 back thats it. also, definately looks more like a tourer..which isnt bad...

2. Yamaha FZ6-$6595-Hey now, this bike looks nice as hell. Its inline four, i'm assumming it s a revver. It does have a nice looking dual exhaust coming out under the seat, i like the way it looks, neat. Sititng on it, its of course more lean but because i'm told its handlebars and not clip-ons there the difference. I need your guys opinion on this bike.

3. Yamaha YZF600- $6999- Nice looking bike, same riding position as above, diff exhuast, still looks nice. need opinions on this as well.

4. Suzuki GS500f-$4999-Cheapest bike in this group, looks ncice though, i know its a parall twin. My sales rep says it might go 120 at max, but its a great learning bike. I read some of the opinions on this board in other threads, the bike doesnt appear to be awful as its been portrayed, nice comfy riding position.

5. Kawasaki ZZR-$6999-Fuckin'A this bike looks classy as hell in silver/gray. Sat on it, feels nice, riding position is acceptable. opinions?

6. Suzuki Katana 750 and 600- $6900 and $6200- Wow, I like these bikes, good looking in black, i hopped on. MAN, WHAT A comfy riding position!I acatually read up on them a lil bit, its an inline four, but suzuki says they have made the 2006 engines geared for excellant midrange power for city use, which is music to my ears....the bike has a nice layout, i like the 750 better only becasue the bigger engine. This is my personal favorite so far.

So there you have it, please try and guide me here, we may even play a little game of "Sportbike Survivor" for what bike i buy. ha.

Remember, revving into the middle 13000's to get serious power is not a concern of mine, this is just for peer riding enjoyment, which to me right now is just really crusing, but having more fun than on my current Harley. So, help me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 05:30 PM

vstrom all they way.. best sport tourer that doesnt kill ur back.. u can grind the pegs if ya want and its got the power to get up and go.. gotta love the low and mid of the v twins..
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 06:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
new kawie

did you check into that new 650r kawie? it had good reviews from everything I read

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:29 PM

I sat on a 650r the other day, has a very upright riding position, but still looks mostly like a sportbike. Infact I was suprised to see how much different it looked from the photos, the tank is very aggressive looking compared to what I was thinking. The handlebars are also bent a lot higher than I had anticipated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode