First Person Motorcycle Accident - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

First Person Motorcycle Accident

I know a lot of you have never been in an accident and hopefully you never will. I post this to show how you can never trust drivers around you. This is a friend who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was ok, but it could have been worse.

http://www.thetartcart.com/videos/watch.asp?Media=730
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:11 PM

Wow... that's crazy. The guy said he swerved... well shit, that was one hell of a swerve! It looked like he didn't pay attention to the person in front of him and tried to avoid him, although he did it in a rather stupid manner. Even if he would've just slammed on the brakes and hit the guy in front, from the speed they were going and the distance at which he swerved, the damage would have been minimal. Busted bumpers and maybe headlights or something, coulpe hundred bucks at most. Where as now, the bill will be much higher for him.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:34 PM

Hi bryanin1-

Wow, the accident occured only a few short days ago and the footage is already posted. Best wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery with hopes that she will soon return to the saddle.

~ Blue Jays ~

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:39 PM

Hi All-

As an aside...please note the wise use of leathers, gloves, boots, and helmet.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:41 PM

And helmet cam... for insurance purposes
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:47 PM

Hi All-

My guess is her very modest investment in a helmet cam just secured her a brand new motorcycle via the other guy's insurance policy. Can you imagine if this footage was shown to a jury in a typical courtroom? His insurer should process a tidy check to her nearly instantaneously...if they know what is good for them.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 04:38 PM

wow scary, glad to hear she is ok.
and as you said...good thing all her gear was on!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 07:46 PM

Amazing to have captured that on video. Hope she's back on the road again soon, whoever she is...

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:03 PM

This makes me want to buy a helmet cam and have enough tapes to record through the whole week everywhere I ride. But then again, I don't want to spend 1200-1400 bucks for what she got. For that much I could get a new wrecked bike, add 500 bucks and get it in working condition.

Quote:
If the rider was a guy, no hot women would help... if there was, then a cager killed you and you would be in heaven.
I'd like to point out that she's a cali rider. Here's the story:

http://www.socalsportbikes.info/xmb/....php?tid=34948
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 05:58 AM

Hi All-

Dawn is the name of the motorcyclist in the accident. From reading the thread embedded above it looks like the motorist who CAUSED the accident lied to the police and said that she hit him!

He is in for a rude awakening when he learns from the authorities that the whole thing was videotaped. Even the part where he looks at his car and telephone before coming to see if she is injured.

He looks like a skeevy guy driving a junk car...I wouldn't be surprised if he has no insurance and/or driving on the revoked list. God, if there is one thing I can't stand is dirtbags.

~ Blue Jays ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode