GSXR 750 vs. 2006 R6 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

GSXR 750 vs. 2006 R6

I need to know who would win a 2000 GSXR 750 with a TRE and one tooth down in front and one up in back, BMC racing air filter......Or a stock 2006 R6????

The kids parents just bought him the bike. He is a 17 year old punk. This is the kids first year of riding if i should race him any tips on how to humiliate him????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:34 PM

are you that insecure and jealous that you need to show up some kid? lol
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mordekai
are you that insecure and jealous that you need to show up some kid? lol
+2

You got some learning to do...

-M-

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Then teach me thats what I am here for. Why you gotta be a prick about things. I'm 18 here looking for some advice and all i get is bitched at.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:51 PM

Whoever yells out vroom vroom and a cheesy line from Bikerboyz. Like "I live my life 1/4 mile at a time, and double-clutch my ass to highside," something to that effect.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben23GSXR750
Then teach me thats what I am here for. Why you gotta be a prick about things. I'm 18 here looking for some advice and all i get is bitched at.
Sure, don't do what you're about to do, since it seems you don't know much about riding or the bike you ride. It's a tough love, but many people here just don't like (inexperienced) squids. Don't take offense.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

I just would like some good advice with little or not critisizm. I live in a little town in Indiana and there arent many sportbike riders. I have no one to ask these questions so i figured hey the internet has to have something. I have rode for two years now i had a 1999 GSXR 600 got tired of it move up a year and size on the Suzuki's. I bought the 2000 GSXR 750 with a Shoei helmet that retails for $475, bike and helmet all together cost 4300 bucks how did i do??
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 01:09 PM

Ok, I think that's better to give some info about where you're coming from. Most guys here take pride in carving the curves, which is rider skill than straight drag, which is mostly about bike's potential.

Anyway, street racing is illegal and dangerous, and blah, etc. But in matter of performance, it's hard to judge since 06 R6 isn't available everywhere and hasn't be compared in magazine shootouts. Also, I'm not sure how much lighter or power to the rear wheel R6 is making this year. But my long guess is GSXR750 still should have advantage, it's relatively light, and has more torque midrange to take it to top-end and still has more HP than last year's ZX-6R.

However, those are bike's potential, as a rider, if you blow off a good launch, poor clutch skills and clutchless upshifts, all those things can affect your RT, and ultimately lose the race.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 01:12 PM

Depends on the rider.

But from what I gather from your post, since it's his first season riding he'll probably loop the bike trying to take off on you. Then you can buy the bike from him cheap since he won't be able to ride when he's paralyzed because he wasn't wearing any gear.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 01:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben23GSXR750
I just would like some good advice with little or not critisizm. I live in a little town in Indiana and there arent many sportbike riders. I have no one to ask these questions so i figured hey the internet has to have something. I have rode for two years now i had a 1999 GSXR 600 got tired of it move up a year and size on the Suzuki's. I bought the 2000 GSXR 750 with a Shoei helmet that retails for $475, bike and helmet all together cost 4300 bucks how did i do??
practice your launch, you'll need to slip the clutch enough on the launch to keep the motor in the power, keep the front wheel down and keep the back wheel from spinning, you can use the rear break to control wheelies. Your 750 still has the advantage as long as the clutch is good and the bike runs the way it should.
practice practice practice...

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode