Sylvania Silverstar Headlights - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Sylvania Silverstar Headlights

I bought a pair of these yesterday and frustrated myself for about an hour installing them patchetic, i know, but I could barely fit my hands in there to take out and replace the OEM bulbs.

Anyway, I'm real impressed with the Silverstars. They do cost $40 a pair, but...they produce a really nice brilliant white light (not at all yellow like most Halogens) and they are WAY brighter than the stock bulbs I had on there, I'd say around 50% brighter. I wanted them for day and night riding for better visibility (by other cages) in traffic. I think they'll help b/c it's nearly blinding to look straight at them even in the daytime.

Has anyone else tried these bulbs or others that are better than OEM ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:27 AM

I put them in my Yukon they are worth every penny.
I had one blow out in over 2yrs.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:49 AM

I was thinking of trying something like this

Pricey, but it should make quiet a difference...

Item number 8031706438.

Last edited by Vash; 01-26-2006 at 05:57 AM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:50 AM

vash link is no good ...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 06:03 AM

Posted a number...
BTW, does anyone know where I can find out what kind of bulb my bike uses? I'm pretty sure its an H7 but not certain..

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I wanted them for day and night riding for better visibility (by other cages) in traffic.
yeah, reduces risk. I got hit last night by a cager, sucked ass. I had my brights on too, but this woman in a green toyota camry coming out of a BP station pulls right out beside of me in heavy traffic. I was going 15mph, 3ft behind the car in front of me, bights on, and yet she didn't see me. I swirved out to the double yellow lines, but she still hits my right leg in the process. I managed not to lay it down, but if I did, she'll get a can of whoop ass from hell. After she hits me, she didn't even slow down, just kept going. Damn bitch.

I should invest in a 2.5 million candle powered spot light and attatch it on a rotating handle so when people are about to swirve in front of me, a blinding spot light will be shined in their faces to notice me. Damit, i hate riding in full traffic and at night.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

vash - check the owner's manual, if you haven't already.

JBAZ - that really sucks, but good you had time to swerve and didn't lay it down. were you injured? I've had people try to hit my in my car too, so i wouldn't say it's always just a fact of being invisible to cars on a bike b/c you can be just as invisible (or they can be just as blind/stupid) in a cage too. The other day I was in my altima going into SF when the car's lane next to me ended, so the driver proceeded to pull into my right side and take over MY lane. I hit the brakes but there wasn't anywhere to go b/c there was another car on my left. all 3 cars almost collided right there. i've had people on cell phones do the same thing - drive right into my lane as if i'm not even there - and this is in my big-ass four door, bright green car!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:06 PM

Re: Sylvania Silverstar Headlights

Quote:
Originally posted by ESanders2

Anyway, I'm real impressed with the Silverstars. They do cost $40 a pair, but...they produce a really nice brilliant white light (not at all yellow like most Halogens) and they are WAY brighter than the stock bulbs I had on there, I'd say around 50% brighter.
I want to get em, but I'm spending all my money preparing to total my bike so I'm holding off on getting a new headlight. I've only heard good things about Silverstars though.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:12 PM

you paid 40 a for a pair.

Shit I got them for 20 a pair. But it was a special. with ontop of a discount.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:52 PM

one of my friends with a 954rr got a projector headlight, it looks sweet at night. I want something to that effect for headlights on a bike. Its very bright and clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode