Z750S Frame Sliders? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Z750S Frame Sliders?

I can't seem to find any for my bike, Z750S. They do make them for the Z1000 though, I'll just have to hope they fit if I go with those. Anyone know where I could look?

Also, how important do you think sliders are for a naked bike? My other thought is, even with sliders, there's still going to be enough damage to my bike that my insurance will have to pick up the repairs, right? So why get sliders at all unless you're not keeping full coverage on your bike. Anyone else feel this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 08:56 PM

because they pretty much protect dmg from going to the engine cases and the engine block itself. They barely protect the farings.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 09:24 PM

I'll debate that, they sometimes protect fairings, and sometimes they don't. In my case, except for scratches and sliding marks, it saved fairings from breaking into pieces, the left clip-on, and quite possibly the frame. Better to have them than not, and in most cases, they'll protect the bike from driveway spills that leave a mark and hurt resale value. Also sliders will take the shock before the tank gets scratched and often save the small parts, like pegs or shifter, etc. You wouldn't find out the hardway if the sliders could have saved the engine or frame from cracking or snapping off.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 01-22-2006 at 09:27 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:54 AM

z1000 sliders should fit.
Sliders dont offer total protection but they do offer some. Its the difference between needing to get a new turn signal when the bike falls. Or a new headlight. Trust me, you dont want to buy headlights.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode