Knock off motorcyclists day - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Knock off motorcyclists day

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/17january06_woody.htm

Why makes such comments in the first place . One would think that radio DJs should think before they speak, but in really, it's always the opposite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 10:43 AM

i'd heard about this a couple days ago from a different forum, riders from the bay area were actually outside the radio station protesting. the kicker to this is of course the DJ claims ignorance, that he didn't know it was legal in california to lane split. making comments like that is dangerous, and ingorance should not be an excuse for him, actually, i think he was fired as a dj elsewhere prior to becoming a dj in the bay area but that's just what i've heard.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 01:28 PM

what an idiot. Now lane-spliting should be legal in other states too.

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 02:05 PM

I had gotten wind of this last week. I took the time to call the radio staion and let them know what an asshat I thought the guy was for making such stupid remarks. Kinda ironic this same guy will be taking the MSF course at sometime in the future.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sixer
Kinda ironic this same guy will be taking the MSF course at sometime in the future.
I hope he gets lynched.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 02:48 PM

heh, he'll take the course and everyone there would give him the evil eye the whole time.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

may be they'll put gravels on his path and make him take the "DEBRIS" test.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 03:27 PM

yeah, wtf man, he says somethin' dumb and downright dangerous and someone pays for his msf course to "educate" him

i've got a better idea, why doesn't he help pay for motorists to take the msf course, maybe convert a few other people into riding, and just to help drive the idea of motorcycle awareness home. I think that'd b a better punishment.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 03:45 PM

If you read the article he is talking about "lane-splitting" Which is legal in some states CA included. It is not legal in maine and I wouldn't do it even if it was.

For those who do not know what lane splitting is...
It's driving between lanes when traffic is stopped or backed up at a light. It is very dangerous and has been cause for tons of accidents and elevating road rage for an already po'd cager.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:
It's driving between lanes when traffic is stopped or backed up at a light. It is very dangerous and has been cause for tons of accidents and elevating road rage for an already po'd cager.
Um, I completely disagree here. It can be more dangerous in certain situations if you are reckless with it, but generally it's safer than not splitting lanes when traffic is stopped - the main reason being it effectively prevents you from being rear-ended. The Hurt study published some findings on it, and found it to be an insignificant factor in accidents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode