Well the body work is completed. Here's some more pics of the project and the finished body work.
Added new spark plugs and air filter right after we took the tank off.
Other pieces already preped for primer.
And now the finished product!
We went with a flat black color, but instead of using the flat black color, it didn't make since of doing that when black primer is same color. So we added 3-4 coats of black primer and it works. Its not going to win any beauty contest, but it looks far better then when we got it.
bike cost: $1500
body filler: $16
bondo scraper: $3
bondo touchup: $3
Black primer spray cans (4): $20
fiberglass fabric: $5
fiberglass resin: $11
Various Sandpaper grits (80,220,400): $8
Streetfighter headlight: $50
Air filter: $50
Spark plugs (4): $36
Total project cost: $1702 (and change)
Future additions to the bike:
* Bought new engine crash cage for $315
* New front forks
* Larger stunt sprocket
* 12 o'clock bar
* Slip-on exhaust
* Swingarm sliders
I'll update this thread when we do more stuff in the near future.