Ok I think I got my bike... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Ok I think I got my bike...

I've been searching for months to get my first bike and its been very disapointing. every used bike I've looked at was over priced and/or a piece of crap. So I decided to buy new due to lack of used bikes around my area

Now, I'm trying to avoid getting raped here... but heres the best price quote I've gotten

left over 05, blue SV650 naked.. zero miles on it... 6,300 out the door. Too much? Now I have'nt haggled it at all, I'll do that when I get there

but hows the asking price he told me and how much would be reasonable asking price for me to shoot for?

on another note, its extremely hard not to just go buy the thing and say price be damned. But I'm on a budget for bike and gear so...

all of the 3 posts I've made everyone has been very helpful, I really feel good about this one and I'm dying to ride

Thanks to everyone in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 04:09 AM

I am not up on the SV pricing right now, but have them work in s free helmet and some free gear or at least deeply discounted gear. I think when I got my bike, I got 40-50% off on the gear, depending on what it was.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 04:29 AM

Thats a bit high. The MSRP on it is 6k. It looks like they might be discounting a couple hundred and thats it.

I would try and get OTD for less the 6k with some gear.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 07:02 PM

300 over msrp out the door?? That sounds like a deal to me. You've got to figure there is about 500 dollars worth of tax in there that the dealership is paying for you, so you're obviously getting it for less than msrp, and they're not charging any other fees (?). Sounds like a steal. Although I live in Northern CA and nothing is cheap here: I paid a hefty out-the-door price for my bike evern though I technically got it for less than MSRP.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Somone over at SVrider.com refeered me to called http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/

They quoted me 6,080 shipped to my house. I think I'm going to give them a call tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode