Review of Icon Recon jeans - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Review of Icon Recon jeans

I got some Recon jeans and the Icon field armour shorts today.

I was happy with both.

About the jeans - they're thick demin (probably close to twice as thick as regular denim), and they're comfortable. They actually feel better than regular jeans because they are precurved for riding, and have the mesh panels for air-flow. But...they are only seriously reinforced in the knees (with aramid). I took a sample of the demin that came with the jeans, and ground it against the pavement with my thumb for a while, and was shocked at how quickly I wore a hole in the patch. I then took a patch of the aramid material that's in the knees, and did the same, and that stuff was about five times stronger than the denim, even though it's a lot thinner and lighter.

So, overall, these jeans are going to be safer than wearing regular jeans, but I'm definitely gonna wear the armoured shorts underneath for higher speed rides. The shorts are all aramid, and that's some pretty tough material.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 04:29 AM

You might also want to look into the lower leg armor by Icon. It goes on and off pretty easily and offers substantial lower leg protection.

I mainly wear textile riding pants and the knee armor in them just wasnt snug enough so I took it out and now wear the Icon armor 95% of the time.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

i will get that eventually, but am using dirt knee/shin armour for now. It's a lot cheaper and is well padded/protected also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode