Does this purchase look ok? 04 Honda 600rr - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Does this purchase look ok? 04 Honda 600rr

Went to the dealer today to checkout some bikes.

Had them run some numbers on an 04 CBR 600rr.

Just wanted to see if you guys think this is ok before I sign the deal.

Base - 7996.77

Dealer Service - 375.25

Subtotal - 8372.02

Sales Tax - 564.53
LIcense Tag - 110.00
Waste Tire- 2.00
Waste Battery-1.50

Dealer Fee- 199.95

Total Price - 9,250.00

Financed I'm looking at 250.00 a month at 15.9 Fixed APR.

KBB has it at 6500. And that's with all additional dealer fees applied, so really it should be less.

How can I get the dealer to drop the price? It seems more expensive than it should be to me.

Are all these additional fees standard? How's the Interest Rate for someone who is 20 years old?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by Revelation715; 01-02-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 11:41 AM

Deal

Doesn't sound like a good deal at all for a bike that is now 2years old. The interest rate sounds about right though. Tax, Title, and License looks about average to. As for the rest, I can't comment. Dealer fees and Dealers service look kinda shady though. I would try to barter to get a few thousand knocked off the price. Just my opinion though.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 02:50 PM

Re: Does this purchase look ok? 04 Honda 600rr

Quote:
Originally posted by Revelation715
Went to the dealer today to checkout some bikes.

Had them run some numbers on an 04 CBR 600rr.

Just wanted to see if you guys think this is ok before I sign the deal.

Base - 7996.77

Dealer Service - 375.25

Subtotal - 8372.02

Sales Tax - 564.53
LIcense Tag - 110.00
Waste Tire- 2.00
Waste Battery-1.50

Dealer Fee- 199.95

Total Price - 9,250.00

Financed I'm looking at 250.00 a month at 15.9 Fixed APR.

KBB has it at 6500. And that's with all additional dealer fees applied, so really it should be less.

How can I get the dealer to drop the price? It seems more expensive than it should be to me.

Are all these additional fees standard? How's the Interest Rate for someone who is 20 years old?

Thanks again for your help.
i found a 04 with 43 miles and i picked it up for 6500 otd.. that was last year so it was only 1 yr old.. that sounds way high for that bike.. bout 2500 off that base price is more realistic.. if it is ur first bike forget buying new!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:09 PM

As you said, KBB is only $6500, so you're definitely getting screwed.

Shouldn't bike prices over there be lower at the moment, with winter halting the riding season???

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:11 PM

that is high as for the fees all dealers charge them i work for a car dealer and that seems to be the standard across the board. but it sounds like they are charging you what the orginial sticker price was on a 2 year left over if you barter you should get them to drop the price a bit and if they wont , ask them if they want a 3 year left over or check out another dealer (honda) and see what kind of deal they can get you , they might even be able to get that exact bike doing a dealer swap and dropping the price just to undersell them.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:13 PM

Whoa there. Is this bike new? Dealer service? WTF is that? Plus a dealer fee? These guys are taking you for a ride. Dealer fees are a joke. They charge the fee for putting it together out of the crate. Sometimes they need to add a little oil, some gas, charge the battery. $375 for a "service" I don't know about that. Then another $199 for a "fee" this is going a little to far. I bought my '05 for $10946 out the door, new. No fees or bullshit, just a chunk off MSRP.

Make sure and let us know what dealer.

No deal.

-M-
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 05:34 PM

The dealer feels he has a sucker. When we sold a 'used' m/c we had taken in a trade-in we did not charge them anything but the Fed & Provincial taxes & only a hair above the value of the bike so will to bargin a bit. It was somewhat the same if the bike was being sold "on consignment" & there we might barter a bit for the owner or feeling at the lowest the owener would allowed we would get to the two togeather & see if they could look upon the final price.

When a shop sold my modified Honda CB-400F they took on the down payment, but I had to put the bike back to stock from like from flat bars to semi-flat, from rear-sets to regular footrests & work on the shifting sysem & rear brake pedal, addition then of pillion footrests, the original dual one piece saddle, from braided stainless steel to regular brake lines & some other things. I did not tell him the front froks had been dramatical change, nor that the S&W rear shocks were not stock let alone the bike was from regular points to pointless ignition system. What he did not demand I did not change.

The m/c shop lost as they took a small down-payment & the totally new rider crashed the bike within less then a week, totalling it to crippling himself for life. Shops error only I was peeved that I had to do all the work though I offered said goods to them only they asked me to bend down a bit for they did credit my account with the money I asked for the bike.

Last edited by Smitty; 01-02-2006 at 05:36 PM.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Its Gables Motorsports in Miami, Florida.

They were kind of nervous I wasn't coming back when I said I wasnt signing until I saw the service papers since it was a used bike.

THe manager didnt seem happy on the phone when he asked why I wanted that shit.

Anyhow, I walked and when I go back tomorow I'll be more informed. If they don't drop it down to a reasonable price I'll walk without hesitation.

Thanks again for your prompt replies.

I guess I can try another dealer in another county if anything.

I really dont want to buy an 06' or anything near that price range since I've only been riding 2 months.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 07:05 PM

ive always had good luck being a dick.. tellem its worth this much.. tellem why you think its worth this much.. if they dont come down to that price then walk.. and tellem ull find a better deal somewhere else...

my gixxer i bought with 128 miles in 05.. 7100 otd..
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Revelation715
...If they don't drop it down to a reasonable price I'll walk without hesitation...
My uncle has a great creed when it comes to buying anything.

"Thieve it or leave it."

You should only ever buy something for the amount YOU want to pay, not what THEY are asking for it, even if it's new.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode