Anyone have Icon field armour shorts?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Anyone have Icon field armour shorts??

Does anyone have these? I'm looking for some feedback on how protective they are/how comfortable. Anyone have the icon jeans?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 11:04 AM

Hmm... that sounds kind of like an oxymoron. I never knew such things existed. So, half of your leg gets protected while the other half gets rashed?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 11:36 AM

Possibly someone was thinking of the family-jewels when they came up with this dream?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
So, half of your leg gets protected while the other half gets rashed?

They go under your riding pants... I'm gonna wear them with the icon jeans which should provide a lot of protection when combined with knee/shin armour. That setup is probably better than any textile pant out there...not really cheaper though.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 12:11 PM

sooo.. they're like armoured underwear?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

exatly, icon advertises them as "armoured underwear" they're supposed to kick in when your pants are "pushed to the limit" according to icon. they're made from aramid-laced nylon. aramid is a generic name for kevlar, and it's stitched into the nylon or spandex.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 12:43 PM

Sounds like a good deal to me. 80 bucks isn't too bad, especially if it'll save your ass... literally. I'm just hoping that my pants won't be "pushed to the limit." Hopefully they're machine washable tho...
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 04:21 PM

Several things come to mind such as I think they have something like said shorts for cyclists though possibly not aimed at saving one when they prang.

Other point is that once again when you go to take a leak you end up with doing it like a woman in that you must pull off the gear & squat like a woman, if doing it behind some bush & not the zipper length--which is a big downfall of present fly zippers in being way to short, let alone any proper zipper length, so one zip down & pull out the male hose to stand like a man & take a leak. That squating down, I do not like.

Lastly I am very keen on being & smelling very clean, a thing I picked up from an ex-g/f being Chinese & from Hong Kong. I ended up trying to be super clean even to my own mind.

That means at home that evening I toss my shorts into the washer along with some others to be washed with like T-shirt, sweat shirt, trouser & whatever. Meaning I would not feel clean if I was wearing the same shorts (protective shorts) as I did the day before.

Not that I dribble, or leak but also know we prespire & body oder goes on clothing & stays there till washed. I never wear the same gym clothing the next time I come to the gym.

As I am a non-smoker & have been so all my life, IF(?) I have left the shorts, T-Shirt, sweat-shirt or such around, when I was possibly up at the Gun Club Lounge when just ONE person was smoking & man what a smell the next morning & even if I did toss them in the clothing hamper I can smell that spent tobacco oder as I pass it to the washroom. Now no one smokes at our Range.

So how much would 6 or 8 of these protective shorts cost me, especially in Cdn dollars, shipping, & Cdn Customs???????

Yes I have several pairs of m/c jackets, trousers & such to even two crash helmets & while I wear one on Monday I will wear the other on Tuesday to let the other become aired for Wednesday.

Last edited by Smitty; 01-01-2006 at 04:28 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
I am a non-smoker & have been so all my life
Wise choice made by a wise man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode