Love Hurts Ouch - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Love Hurts Ouch

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT He could have bought a bike and his troubles would have been over:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 06:59 AM
Dad

Hmmm.

I still want to break into cars and put clubs on them. Don't touch or hurt anything, just install a club. THAT'D make for some good news reports.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:54 AM

wtf... ok, now you've lost your love and $15k...he could have at least gotten the money back.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dad
Hmmm.

I still want to break into cars and put clubs on them. Don't touch or hurt anything, just install a club. THAT'D make for some good news reports.
and then leave a note saying the key is hidden somewhere in the car... so then they're gonna have to comb through the entire car making them look like the suspicious thieves

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:23 PM

Lucky dude hopefully he has somebody to give it to. I just put a ring on my girls finger but. It didn't quick cost that much. but it did get appraised at about the price of an older track bike.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EdgeRanger
Lucky dude hopefully he has somebody to give it to. I just put a ring on my girls finger but. It didn't quick cost that much. but it did get appraised at about the price of an older track bike.
i know the feeling, did the same thing about 3 weeks ago, took away the downpayment on my bike but she's worth it
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 12:53 PM

Just because it appraised at that, doesn't mean it will sell for that. I bought a ring years ago for a girl that appraised for 11K(payed 6K). We broke up a month later and I only got 4K out of it. Pissed me off. He would be better off insuring it and losing it.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by psudy
Just because it appraised at that, doesn't mean it will sell for that. I bought a ring years ago for a girl that appraised for 11K(payed 6K). We broke up a month later and I only got 4K out of it. Pissed me off. He would be better off insuring it and losing it.
dam i feel cheap, lol her's was only about a grand but thats the one she wanted. havent gotten it apraised or insured yet.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 03:20 PM

I got lucky and inherited some incredible rings from my grandmothers. I gave my wife both of them. She wears one on each hand. I've had them appraised, but because of the age of the rings, they are really irreplaceable. The one big diamond is a cut they don't do anymore, so you could replace it with a modern diamond for about 6K, but it wouldn't be the "same."
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 87vert
dam i feel cheap, lol her's was only about a grand but thats the one she wanted. havent gotten it apraised or insured yet.
Dude don't worry about it. As long as its what you two want. Now I hope you did your research on diamonds before you bought it because you should of got a GIA certifcitate, I'm not sure if that includes the apprisal or not.

We went to one jewely store and the guy told us to put as much money as we could afford into the diamond, becuase that is the one she is going to keep usually. To be honest with you though, the ring and all the other stuff are just formalitlys. As long as you love each other and plan on spending the rest of your life with each other NO MATTER WHAT happens. As long as she doens't cheat, and you don't either.

My girl is the first girl I have ever been with. It took me almost 27 years. And I plan on being with her forever.

when you do get a bike LMK. I will be in Hampton. I was out riding today acutally to and from work
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 07:39 PM

That definitely sucks, hopefully the guy didn't do anymore stupid things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode