Who's good with electrical stuff...pics included - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Who's good with electrical stuff...pics included

The previous owner of my bike had installed a integrator kit into my tail light. The right blinks a whole lot faster than the left. Also wires are EVERYWHERE in my trunk space, he did a horrible job.Anyways, I'm going to redo the whole wiring and start off new. I just don't know which wires are what, and how it looked stock. Some wires look cut off and aren't attached to anything. So it's really frustrating trying to trace the wires.Can anyone post a pic of how it is suppose to look? It is a 2003 GSXR 750 Here are a few pics of mine. If I purchase a integrated tail light assembly will it come with all the wirings I need? Cause I have a feeling my stock wires have been cut and stuff. Hopefully I dont have to get a whole new wiring harness and stuff...Well here are the pics, sorry its in bad quality its from a phone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

I suppose this is the integrator...notice how the wires are all jumbled up

This is what comes from under the seat and connected and some of the wires are connected to the integrator

These are the two bulbs that are connected to the Integrator also, but some of the wires in there are cut off also

Now what would be the best way to reinstall all this wiring. Do I have to buy a whole new harness because of some of the cut off wires?

Last edited by Liqwed; 12-14-2005 at 12:40 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 01:24 PM

I could help you out if you had a Honda, but with those pics and the fact your bike is a Suzuki I doubt I could give you any helpful advice. You think that's bad, you should see the job that my bike's previous owner did on the integrater. It works, but I had a hell of a time figuring out which wires were what when I hooked up my Scorpio alarm. I sympathize with you!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
I could help you out if you had a Honda, but with those pics and the fact your bike is a Suzuki I doubt I could give you any helpful advice. You think that's bad, you should see the job that my bike's previous owner did on the integrater. It works, but I had a hell of a time figuring out which wires were what when I hooked up my Scorpio alarm. I sympathize with you!
Lol, thank you. I know its really hard to tell what's what in that picture. If I just buy a Tail light assembly from ebay or bike store, will it include all the wires and hardware I need? Or am I pretty much screwed since it's already been half assed integrated...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 02:12 PM

I've never hooked up an integrator on a Suzie, but I've done a couple Yamis and it probably isn't too different. Odds are if it works the way it's done, it's done right -- if thats the case, just shorten the wires by cutting and resplicing.

For a clean new install I'll typically reroute all the wiring under the trunk above the undertail. The taillight assembly connector should hook into the stock wiring, and the single wire for each flasher is all you should need to splice. The cut off wires you referred to are most likely the old ground wires from the flashers. Since your tailling is integrated the flashers will most likely use the common ground for your taillight... remember all of this is based on assumption that you have the correct light for your bike and the dude before you didn't completely botch the job.

Also the flash rate difference can be fixed with a resistor. I couldn't tell you which resistor to use, but just go to your bike shop and buy a few different ones of varying resistance. Slap them in, one at a time, on the circuit for the light that flashed faster. Once you figure out which one to keep, take the rest back for refund.

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode