Karma better pay up! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Karma better pay up!

I get a phone call about a tire being delieved at work. You might find this hard to believe, but of there is ever a question that is remotely motorcycle related guess who gets a call?
Well, I didnt order any tires, but my roommate did. So I go to check it out. Its clearly not his tire. Its a brand spanking new dunlop 200/50R17. Which would look very nice on my rear rim.. much nicer than the worn out perrelli. Do I get to see that pretty picture? Hell no. I gotta be honest and mature and call the dealership and tell them they better put in the right adress and that they got a tire in the mail... I'm still crying about it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 11:46 AM

Oh man, that'd really be hard to resist considering how badly i need a new tire. But it'll come back to you in form of good luck ten fold... okay who are we kidding it probably won't. You're a good man, did the right thing. hahha
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I beating myself up. not 10 minutes afterwards I found out that my paint job is going to cost twice as much as anticipated, and I dont get the commie graphix I wanted (24hr window between paint and clear, cant get the airbrushing done that quickly)
Its frustrating, finding one mistake after the other in my plan. I thought I'd save money and get just a few original fairings instead of the race fairing, and ended up spending more on fairings than the one piece race unit would've cost me. Now I find out that I cant get graphix, so I could've just kept all the fairings without having to paint them, but they are already sanded down. AGHHH. And I havent even started on my "lets replace the fork seals and the rest of the suspension while I am at it". Maybe I need to find me another strippier do dump my money on.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 01:18 PM

Vash if you want your graphics there is another way.

1st i dont know what the 24 hour period there talking about is that is keeping them doing the graphics. Unless you have to have the bike back by a certain time. Perhaps thats it.

Anyway another way to go is get the graphics printed on a solvent printer. I sell the materials to do this type of stuff. Can even recommend people in your area to do it for you. Will even send you pics of a bike that has been done locally if youd like.

Anyway its basically like a vechile wrap that you see on cars rolling down the road, but in this case i would have them paint your base and then add the printed graphics, kind of like putting on a sticker, will take 10 mins tops. Then they can slap on the clear coat. As long as they put on more then one coat of clear you wont be able to see or feel the edges of the graphic the material is only 2 mils thick. It will look just like it was painted on.

Let me know if you want the info or want to see the pics
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Green:
That was the suggestion of the paint guy. According to him, he paints, but is not an artist, so he cant do graphics. He recommended I use a sticker under the clear. The problem is, I'm not an artist either, so I cant draw what I want. Niether is the print shop, and while they will be happy to print the graphics, someone has to draw them first. I found someone who could airbrush what I wanted (yey, someone that can draw!). That should've solved the problem, but the eurothane (sp?) paint needs to be coated in clearcoat in 24 hrs after being applied...

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 PM

Doin' good is its own reward.... Look forward to seeing your bike when you're done....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode