any suggestions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

any suggestions

a buddy of mine has to take both wheels of his gsxr 750, and needs ideas on what to do with the bike, once the wheels are off. he doesn't have a stand or a lift. can he take the plastics of and put a block under it and rest it on the exhaust pipes, or will they bend. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 11:32 AM

why doesn't he just unbolt the exhaust so that the bike sits on it's frame rails? I don't think it's a very good idea letting the weight of the bike rest on the header pipes. it doesn't take much to cause a dent or crack in the tubing due to it's thin wall design. If he doesn't want to do the extra work of taking off the headers, try letting the front end rest on the fork legs and block up the swingarm on both sides. just make sure it's stable. Good luck! There's my 2 cents...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 11:33 AM

Is there a sturdy roof overhead? if so, hang it from the cieling.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 12:56 PM

Buy stands. You can get a good pair of Handy stands for $112 shipped. Just google Handy stands. Stands are a must if you plan on doing most of the maintenance to your bike. It's a pain in the ass to lube your chain without a rear stand!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, i will tell him your suggestions.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
Buy stands. You can get a good pair of Handy stands for $112 shipped. Just google Handy stands. Stands are a must if you plan on doing most of the maintenance to your bike. It's a pain in the ass to lube your chain without a rear stand!!
+1. The price you'll be paying for replacement parts when your bike falls over, which it almost certainly will, is more than the cost of the stands...

Last edited by Rundog; 12-08-2005 at 04:12 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 04:16 PM

stands are worth it. Once spring will come back, I'm buyin a set of stands and doing some major maintence to my bike such as new clutch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode