What is the best all-purpose bike?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Question What is the best all-purpose bike??

What is the best all-purpose bike? The purpose or activities I expect of a street bike is the ability to:

-be a competivie bike at the race track (trackdays or clubracing)?
-be comfortable on commuter rides?
-be considered a good stunt bike?
-have accesible and cheap race and/or stunt accessories?
-have minimal engine modifications to meet these purposes?

maybe a throw-in is should the bike be Fi or carb'ed??

"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter."

"When I drink, something happens. This guy called Buzzy comes out. And he proceeds to do whatever he wants, I guess'' - Wayne Rainey

Last edited by Mr.TrevorClever; 11-20-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 08:01 PM

honda cbr600 and 1000 RR's are good all around. May not be the fastest, but are very comfortable (to me) and handle really good. I test drove my friends 04 600RR. So much better then my old f2.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 08:05 PM

The Z750S may not be competetive at the track but is considered by many to be one of the best all-purpose bikes around. It's really big in Europe - bigger than in the US. The Z1K may also be a good choice (if you don't mind living without any fairing at all).

It's also got descent power and can hang with all of the 600cc supersports power-wise, minus a little weight disadvantage.

I wasn't sure what exacly you meant by all-purpose.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:30 PM

I have a Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom and while it's not my favorite motorcycle, it's a very good dual sport, all purpose motorcycle. I have some problems with the power and weight in off-road conditions but I think that's partly "rider error." While I have allot of road experience, I have very little off-road experience.

I find I'm riding my 06 GSX-R1000 so much more that I'm gonna sell the V-Strom this coming Spring.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:28 PM

you have an 06 gixxer? damn.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 05:54 AM
Ice

I would say the gixxer 750. Supurb stunter. Parts all over ebay. No nasty surprises lurking. It's not the most comfortable, but if you want something good for the track comfort isn't amongst the list. I would definetley opt for the fuel injection.

P.S. I actually perfer sportbike seating positions over standard bikes.

Last edited by Ice; 11-21-2005 at 05:57 AM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 08:09 AM

+1 on the 750.
A few notes
Comfort and track performance are almost mutually exclusive.
Lack of fairings is fine at the track, but kills comfort at high speeds. If you are into 120+mph touring.
Stunt bike and track bike are virtually exclusive as well. While the 750 will do good at either, I doubt it will do well doing both. Stunting can easily mess up the aligment and suspension function. It may not be noticable riding, but you will notice at the track.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 08:19 AM

There is no such bike....

If you want something competetive at the track then it depands on your riding skill you can have the fastest bike but be the slowest around the track.

Stunting... you gotta give it to the older f4i or now the 636. 636 it the best stunt bike for generic stunting, also the 929 for some stunts is better.

just curising around then it's all personal opinion a gixxer may feel good for you but may not for me.

So to answer your question... there is not perfect bike.

If your really into stunting buy a used bike that has a streetfighter and been set up to stunt.... ie, bars, cage, mod oil pick up.

If your really into track buy a track bike!

If stunting and track days are just on the side then any bike will do..... they are all fast all handle well and all can be competitive if you can ride it! Me personally I like the 06 zx10. Light powerful and I think it looks great too.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mainerdr
Me personally I like the 06 zx10. Light powerful and I think it looks great too.
But its got an ass like Roseann's

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 08:29 AM

i hear ya.... ass comments are gonna pile in...

I am sure akrapovic will solve that issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode