I must be the only one with... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

I must be the only one with...

Nothing better to do on a Friday night but sit around and read posts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 08:57 PM

not at all... i just dont see anything worth taking the time to post on yet.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 11:43 AM

Just about Sanders though is this not the morning of Saturday? I did up up my usual financial bits of the day, did some reloading of both 38Spl & 45ACP loads along with getting things ready for shooting on Sunday for I run the indoor h/gun range every Sunday morning to afternoon along with every Tuesday evening EVERY darn week of the year & have been doing so for past 17 yrs. Then realized there was a town vote of council, only I did not know who represented this or that so to 'ell with voting. So a bit of dusting & vacume work along with lining up what I will have for supper. Oh yes being Friday I did do some shopping & paid my monthly bit to keep my VISA fully paid for.

Mind you also thinking of changing from Hodgins HP-38 powder for my 45ACP loads to go to Winchester 452AA THOUGH this is a powder no longer made by Winchester nor has it been for past 10 yrs. I have great results out of it with 38Spl loads & have something like 11 pounds I can use & at 4.8 to 5.1 ounces for each load it will last for some time for in 38 Spl I have it at 3.1 to 3.4 grains. So the mind is continually churning around about this or that, but not about m/cs as all are dormant till sometime March.

Last edited by Smitty; 11-19-2005 at 07:06 PM.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 12:37 PM

i'm sick so i crashed out early... like 7pm early, been sleeping since then when i should b studyin' for a national boards exam i've got on tuesday. perhaps i'll ride over to the library so i can keep away from forums such as these
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:10 PM

Sort of know what you mean about being sick for I have been fighting a stupid cold for last three weeks. Sometimes I hit the sack & sleep, well yet on other times & cannot get to sleep till sometime around 5:00am & wake up late in the morning so my day is all screwed up.

Besides I have only been to the gym three time in the past 3 weeks & usually it is three times a week, but I do not want to spread it & each time I was dizzy & not feeling worth a darn.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost Nomad
i'm sick so i crashed out early... like 7pm early, been sleeping since then when i should b studyin' for a national boards exam i've got on tuesday. perhaps i'll ride over to the library so i can keep away from forums such as these
dont librariers have that wonderful little section with these complicated little things called COMPUTERS?!? Oh and I bet they have internet!!!!! Oh goody a nice little motorcycle ride and then a change of venue but still the same result. haha
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 12:11 AM

actually, i never even made it to the library, i slept pretty much all day and studied only a couple of pages. it just feels good to be a bum at times... although smitty is makin' me feel quite guilty as i haven't gone to the gym in for months.

but i did take my bike out to meet up w/ a few friends for dinner and to watch USC win against Fresno
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 01:40 PM

I was surprised to-day on the way home from the gun range. Roads are dry, but close to freezing temp AND there was a red sportbike with the rider tucked in behind to ward off the cold air comming at him. Only bike I have seen on the streets or hwy in past week plus.

Still man I went through 100 rnds of 45ACP & 50 rnds of 38Spl to-day. My poor targets were in shreds even with paper on the back to make the hits last longer only my grouping was tight for someone my age.

Definately I will work out with this outdated Winchester 452AA to probable start off with 3.5 gr & work my way up by 2/10ths of a grain in steps till I am 3.9 as I feel said powder is that hot. So come Tuesday evening I will be practicing. For I have the brass of both guns being tumled away & cleaned right now.

Have my loads for use of Unique, Green Dot, HP-38 figured out for or 45s of light 185 gr Semi-Wadcutter cast bullet & now to be 452AA. Aslo some load for 200 & 230 Gr bullet tips. Tack on a variations of 38 Spl loads & bullet tips to 9mm. All takes time & each gun, even of the same caliber can & often is quite different & yes like I have more then one gun in one caliber with most well modified while both 45s were custom made, while one was made to my specks, one costing around 3 grand a few yrs ago & the latter was around 4 grand a yr later.

Obviously h/gun shooting & reloading is my hobby for this old sod come winter time.

Last edited by Smitty; 11-20-2005 at 06:35 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 03:59 PM

wow smitty ur my hero

i used to live in hawaii and now in socal so rlly no winter season for me, although at least i'm closer to snow now so i can go out and enjoy some winter activities
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode