windshields? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

windshields?

Where can i buy a windshield for my 05 gixxer 600 that is taller than stock but still looks good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:18 PM
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Is there any taller than these?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 06:44 PM

The idea is...they look stock (almost) but the high middle or bubble will deflect wind much higher than a standard shield.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:26 PM

Zero Gravity's customer service sucks and they don't back their product up at all. I'm not buying from them ever again.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 10:24 AM

Unas, what happened with them that left you with a bad taste? I was thinking of picking up one of their products but if the company is no good screw it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2005, 01:21 PM

Well, I mean I liked the double bubble, but I just got pissed off by an email they sent me so I took business elsewhere. Besides, other manufacturers have windscreens with the extra hump. Anyway, the reason they sent me an email was because a while ago I was on the highway and a chunk of asphalt got kicked up and blew through my ZG windscreen, leaving a giant hole. It hit my chest too and scared the crap out of me. Granted, I was going 120 so I wouldn't have expected the windscreen to survive the impact.. but I sent them an email and told them what happened to the windscreen (I didn't mention the speed.. ) and asked if I could have a discount since it was like the third ZG windscreen I would have bought. Their reply email wasn't very friendly and they basically told me I'm screwed, and compared it to getting a cracked windshield on a car.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get their windscreen.. but personally since there are plenty of other choices I'll just buy other brands. Plus I love my current gradient tinted windscreen which allows me to tuck all the way in and not have to look through two dark tints..
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 04:59 PM

I parked next to a gixxer today and noticed how much lower the windscreen is than my bike's. i like mine
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
Well, I mean I liked the double bubble, but I just got pissed off by an email they sent me so I took business elsewhere. Besides, other manufacturers have windscreens with the extra hump. Anyway, the reason they sent me an email was because a while ago I was on the highway and a chunk of asphalt got kicked up and blew through my ZG windscreen, leaving a giant hole. It hit my chest too and scared the crap out of me. Granted, I was going 120 so I wouldn't have expected the windscreen to survive the impact.. but I sent them an email and told them what happened to the windscreen (I didn't mention the speed.. ) and asked if I could have a discount since it was like the third ZG windscreen I would have bought. Their reply email wasn't very friendly and they basically told me I'm screwed, and compared it to getting a cracked windshield on a car.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get their windscreen.. but personally since there are plenty of other choices I'll just buy other brands. Plus I love my current gradient tinted windscreen which allows me to tuck all the way in and not have to look through two dark tints..
i have had no problems AT ALL with their product, nor their service.. Hows a company suppost to make money when they are giving discounts out to everyone?

Personally i will stay with zero gravity.. I think they are the best bang for the buck if you can find them online or ebay.. Also i love their double bubbles and they arent too dark..
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 05:40 AM

A buddy of mine has a Zero Gravity Double Bubble on his 02 VFR800Fi and i fits like shit, it is always popping out of these clips that hold it in and does not deflect the air all that much more than stock. He's currently looking for a different brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode