Wheee!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Wheee!!

Went out riding practically all day. its gettin late in the season so I decided to hit up some twisties before it gets all rainy

these are the roads i rode on
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/LatrobeRd.htm
http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/SalmonFallsRd.htm
i took latrobe south and back, then salmon hills up, back and up again cuz it was just too fun to do once. then I headed up to auburn, and back down to folsom. i stayed within my limits but it was still so fun I don't want to drive a car anymore only once did I take a turn a little too hot and almost grabbed the brake, but then remembered that's what you're NOT supposed to do and rolled on the throttle, leaned it over and pulled out of it. hit at least 110 a couple times (just glanced at the speedo), took 25mph curves at 40-50, 50mph curves at 70-80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 06:24 PM

Cool man! Nice pix!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 06:37 PM

Hey you've got the same visor I just bought...the irridium blue one, right? I like it a lot so far.

I haven't tried those twisties from Pashnit.com but have tried a few others from the site. I'm down in Vacaville so I ride Pleasant Valley road up to 128 to Berryessa, then up and down Knoxville (or lower lake) road all the time. I love this area, there are so many great roads through the hills here. And it's even better now that the weather is cooling off. How many sunny days do we get here in winter btw?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ESanders2
Hey you've got the same visor I just bought...the irridium blue one, right? I like it a lot so far.

I haven't tried those twisties from Pashnit.com but have tried a few others from the site. I'm down in Vacaville so I ride Pleasant Valley road up to 128 to Berryessa, then up and down Knoxville (or lower lake) road all the time. I love this area, there are so many great roads through the hills here. And it's even better now that the weather is cooling off. How many sunny days do we get here in winter btw?
yeah i've got the blue tinted visor as well as the clear one. can't see a damn thing at night with the tinted one!
I dunno how many sunny days we get in winter, i moved up here from Fresno. but from what i remember from when i used to live here years ago, there's plenty of gray, rainy days
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 10:24 AM

I've been riding the same roads around Berryessa, but when I get my new tire mounted up, I'm going to be looking for those roads you're talking about. How do you get there from Vacaville?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 06:18 PM

The roads I was talking about?

The easiest way is to take I-80 to Cherry Glen Road Exit. It's halfway between Vacaville and Fairfield. That road basically turns into pleasant valley road which connects with 128 around Berryessa. If you go past the lake on 128, to the first fork in the road, and follow that right, you will come to Knoxville Road (lower lake road). If you're confused, tell me I'll explain a little better.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:35 AM

Re: Wheee!!

Quote:
Originally posted by zpyro

I have the same bike...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode