RC51, 1000RR, or the ZX10 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy RC51, 1000RR, or the ZX10

Hey folks, got a hard decision. I was looking at an R1, great bike, but the Yamaha financing was crazy. I was approved for Honda, and the RC51 was one of my choices. Every one that rides one has had good things to say and basically it looks like a really fun bike. I know it gets hot and it doesn't have the top end of the 1000RR and the ZX10, but it still seems like a fun bike. Can anyone talk me out of the RC51 and into the 1000RR or the ZX10?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elbowturn.jpg (111.5 KB, 257 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 07:11 AM

when you're changing the exhaust, you have to buy two.

pick whatever you like.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 07:31 AM

look at the 06 zx10 it's all new design, added features, prety much new everything..... I think it will make a big splash this year.. lighter, more power better cosmetic design, damn it even comes with an ohlens dampener stock.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by mainerdr
look at the 06 zx10 it's all new design, added features, prety much new everything..... I think it will make a big splash this year.. lighter, more power better cosmetic design, damn it even comes with an ohlens dampener stock.

I just got off the phone with my mechanic buddy and that is what he said. Basically that thing rocks.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 07:50 AM

got a zx10, and I've ridden with several '51's. They cant really hang with the 10. Maybe at the track it would be different, but it really comes down to the rider. The 10 is cheaper too.
Dont know about the 1000RR. Hear good things about it, but never ridden one. If its anything like the 600RR it should be a damn good bike. the 10 is temperamental biatch, you gotta spend a great deal of attention trying to fight it. The only time the bike isnt trying to spin the rear tire its getting its nose up in the air.

This isnt going to be your first bike is it?

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash

This isnt going to be your first bike is it?

Number 7, not like that means much. I don't drive a car (ever), I can get my knee down and drift a little. Is the throttle anything like the R1 on the zx10? Vash, you just got yours didn't you?
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:12 AM

Had mine for one season(6mo or so). Havent ridden the R1, so I cant really tell you. I can compare it the gixxerk5.
Power delivery is pretty linear in both bikes, but the zx10 has less throttle responce than the k5. It takes a little longer for the engine to respond to a sharp throttle increase, I.E. its less likely to wheelie off the throttle (That doesnt mean it wont..).
I understand that the R1's have that hump in the power curve, where the power first bogs a tad, and then jumps up like mad. Some people love it, some dont. The 10 has a simular effect around 8k, but from my understand it is much much less pronounced (You have to be looking for it to feel it.)

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Vash, It is hard to get any facts on the liter bikes cause everyone has so much damn testosterone. I think I am gonna go for the 05. There is a red one out here for a decent price. I will post what I do here. Thanks again
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:32 AM

No prob, looks like we'll have the exact same bike!
Good luck!

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Ice

Kawi financing is easy to get if you have some decent/fair credit. They gave it to me. I got my 636 at 4.9%. I never financed anything before.

That's also I nice pic of the RC51, but that is not a stock bike and I doubt you'll be doing that. I like the Kawi. It always comes down to what floats your boat. All of these new sportbikes have all the performance anyone could need for the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode