Pucker... PUCKER!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Exclamation Pucker... PUCKER!!

So there I was, zipping along the hills. It was about 3 o clock in the afternoon. I was coming along a right hand turn, problem was I was facing the sun... I did not see the gravel in the road Rear tire slid out from under the bike, how I saved it I will never know. Not 3 seconds after I saved it, a BIG truck came the other way! Needless to say, I puckered up! I pulled over when it was safe and checked my rear tire. Looked like someone had taken sandpaper to my rear tire in one spot. I rode home a wee bit slower then normal, took me a few hours to calm down.

Anyone else care to share their pucker stories?

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 09:09 AM

I was riding with my father and one of his friends in VT one weekend. Dad was leading, and I was in the middle. We came to a red light and stopped. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw my fathers friend comming at about 30 mph with smoke rolling off the tire.. obviously not stopping. Dad saw it about the same time I did and we both leaned away from each other as fast as we could just in time to see him go screaching between us at about 30 mph. He couldnt have missed either of us by more than an inch. how we kept from a 3 bike pile-up, I will never know.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
damn... glad to hear you lucked out

I am glad for one to not have a pucker story to share since yesterday's costume ride was the very event I was returning from 3 yrs ago when I T-boned the deer with out touching the brakes.. I made sure I was home before dark this time.. not to say the deer weren't movin especially at dusk when it's the worst but figured I'd have a better chance of seein them as well as I kept my speed much slower this year than that last

E.

btw it's not nice to tease.. I thought you were passin out kisses with the "pucker.. pucker"

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamRyder
btw it's not nice to tease.. I thought you were passin out kisses with the "pucker.. pucker"

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 08:49 PM

The worst moment I had where I was sure I was going to go down was when I was riding with a few other guys a couple months ago in the full heat of summer. We were taking it pretty easy since we had just started out, and we were just getting to some good twisties. Well on that road the town recently put down a fuckin million tar snakes down to try to seal the cracks in the asphalt. I mean the entire road was covered in them. And since it was so hot out, the tar was slippery as hell. You basically had to pick your lines to avoid them. Well of course there was one corner where I had to go over one right in the middle of the turn! The whole front end started slipping and it felt like it was going into a tankslapper. For a few seconds I was sure I was going to lose the back as well and go down, but I just tried to keep the throttle steady and somehow I made it through. Plus this was only a couple weeks after I had crashed for the first time, so I was already still a little nervous.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 11:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
blown tire

I was coming home around 11:00pm a month ago and just as I just to pass a semi on the interstate the semi blew apart a retread. Holy shit this thing flew out and befoer I could do anything but duck it just scraped my back as it went over me. about browned the the drawers right there. it wouldn't have been so bad if it was like a liitle piece but this was almost the whole recap
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 12:14 PM

Yikes man. Thats pretty scary. I was riding home with 2 other guys one day. The stop light turns yellow as we are coming up to it. I see my friend next to me slow down, so I slow down. Then he speeds up through the light. As I come to a stop and put my feet down. I turn my head around to see where my other friend is. About half way around I hear his tires just SCREAMING. All I could to was just freeze and make a stupid face. He ripped by me at least doin 15 -20mph and clips me. I hear plastic just scraping. First thing I did after my hole relaxed I checked the paint. GOOD nothing. but he broke my brake lever and bent my bar end. Light turns green and i'm still shaking trying to get our of the intersection. I couldn't start the bike. then i realize i hit the kill switch. Start it take off. Kill it. Start it Take off. Pull over cause i see them on the side of the road.
The girl on the back of my friends bike was on the ground. It was her KNEE that had done that damage to my bike.

Friends take her to the hospital. Then we keep heading home. Stop at the next light. My other friend who didn't hit me says "Check this out." to some friends in a car next to us. I say what ever and just take off at the green. I look back. He's still at the light. Look again still there. Look again, his bike is flipping in matrix still slo motion. That was a scary day. Also the day I finally got my leather jacket. Haven't gone without it since.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 01:42 PM

You had reason to pucker Jester for you are just getting back to riding after the simple fall with the bicycle & breaking your wrist. Like in your mind would be "NO not again"!!!!

Actually around mid-July I was trying my riding out after an "inner ear infection" cause of total loss of balance. I was not to bad & felt at home with bends, but like a novice in take-offs & stopping the same with footing it several times.

So I am coming around this two lane with some nice bends & of all thing coming out of the next bend I would be hitting was this cage feeling he could pass the others, only there I was on my Honda 929 probably clocking around 135kph--75+mph on a 100kph--60mph road. True that is slow for me, but I was still questionable about my balance. The cage was probably clocking 65 mph for others could have been slower like 45-50mph which is so common to those not accustom to bends.

The driver tried to get back into the pack only the cages had taken his previous space.

No way I could go into the the ditch is it was mearly for drainage of water with the rest being part of the mtn side. So I went right to the edge & we both made it past by inches & when I went into the bend the cage came out of I noted I had automatically shifted down to 3rd gear from 6th which is normal from past road racing experience as it is braking & slowing down along we being in the correct gear to accellerate quickly. I know from past experience this is what I do without having to even think about it.

That told me while my balance was not up to snuff my co-ordination & timing was.

Some of the above incidents, while begin quite harry is WHY I ride solo all the time.

Last edited by Smitty; 11-01-2005 at 05:16 PM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 01:44 PM

Hahaha sweet.. instead of just removing my avatar and leaving it blank I get an awesome "Avatar Removed" avatar. Badass..
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 02:49 PM

Why was your avatar removed????

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode