Dude, where's my bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
cookeetree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 7,448
Dude, where's my bike?






In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
cookeetree is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 01:42 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 135
See those images on the net all the time.....and whats more they blame the rider for excessive speed not the cager for pulling out in front.
If your still here sOmeguy, take note.
rooboy is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 02:27 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 489
I'm gonna guess that nobody is there anymore. there's two sides to every story. The driver shouldn't have pulled out in front of them, but the rider shouldn't have been goin so fast on the road. Its hard to tell when a bike is goin that fast. You look, you see them, they're plenty far away, you look the other way, you're clear you start out into the road, look again to double check and he's commin through the door. Sucks, but it happens.
RoadStainR6 is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 02:41 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally posted by RoadStainR6
there's two sides to every story.The driver shouldn't have pulled out in front of them, but the rider shouldn't have been goin so fast on the road. Its hard to tell when a bike is goin that fast. You look, you see them, they're plenty far away, you look the other way, you're clear you start out into the road, look again to double check and he's commin through the door. Sucks, but it happens.
Agreed!
rooboy is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:40 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally posted by rooboy
See those images on the net all the time.....and whats more they blame the rider for excessive speed not the cager for pulling out in front.
If your still here sOmeguy, take note.
It's true that cagers are often to blame, but bikers don't (all) have halos either. My friend's mom lost a brand new car and almost her life when a drunk biker going way too fast flew around a stopped bus and performed that ^ nice number on her. she was waiting at the curb to pull out into the street when WHAM! she was thrown out of the passengers side of the car while the bike got parked inside the car.
lateott_156 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 02:38 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 135
Don't get me wrong I agree with you, (I'm no angel either) neary all of the articles I have read with image like this tend to wholy blame the bike rider, but then again it's not hard to see why, most peoples first reaction would be "that bike must have been flying"! It takes two to tango.
Glad to hear your freinds mum is okay.
rooboy is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally posted by rooboy
Don't get me wrong I agree with you, (I'm no angel either) neary all of the articles I have read with image like this tend to wholy blame the bike rider, but then again it's not hard to see why, most peoples first reaction would be "that bike must have been flying"! It takes two to tango.
Glad to hear your freinds mum is okay.
Thanks. She's fine and dandy, smoking her years away. I wonder what bike that is...
lateott_156 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 06:50 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 46
Dude seriously there's probably no way that cager saw him. Hell I was going about 45 today and had a truck pull out in front of me. You just have to asume they are going to do that. What is it with trucks anyway. 4 out of the five times a cager pulled out in front of me it was truck
3rdPower is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 07:13 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 135
If memory serves me right its a Honda RVF400 or VFR400(NC30) judging by the rear tyre size.
rooboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome