93 z28 with 427chev and 727 tranny vs 04 r1 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

93 z28 with 427chev and 727 tranny vs 04 r1

Just as I was leaving my place on my new R1 , I'm at the stop sign when I see my sisters bf in his camaro coming down the street to my right.At first I didint think it was his car because it had a scoop hood.He stops short of the sign, I assumed he wanted to talk.His car sounds louder and deeper than usual.I go over and he asks where I'm headed. I tell him just for a ride, I ask him whats with the hood, and why does his car sound a helot diferent.He says he just put the 427 in.I'm like sweeeet, he says hes just going to drive around for a couple hours and race people, asks If I want to come and If Il race him.I said Il come but I cant beat you on this.

So I follow him onto queen st, when he pulls in he floors it burns out halfway to the lights.I'm like "whoa" at this point.I pull up to him at the lights and signal I want to drag, he nods and smiles.I'm waiting for the light, I know this guys gonna take me since I cant just dump the clutch, and I'm new on this.I kept it at 5k and let off the clutch when the light changed, burnt out took off like a bat out of hell, I think he was picking his nose , he hasint left 2nd, clutchlessed 3rd, fourth..where is this guy?I look back hes hundreds of feet behind me, I slow down and he pulls up.Hes smilling.

So were at the next set of lights and I signal I wanna go for real this time, he nods ya ya and smiles.Just then this little pickup with obviously something under the hood pulls up, reving his engine like a ricer.My sisters bf revs his, the guy in the pickup looks like he wants to race.So I bring my nearly red line, with my d&d can, he fucking heard it.Theres a while yet on the light.The guy in the pickup does a quick burnout..........light changes I let off slower this time.I hear and see my friends camaro burn out all first gear, and again second.As soon as we do, guess what?The cherrys come on from the next street over.It all happened so fast, my friends camaro won the start(no shit , with a 427) hes far ahead, the pickup decides to stop for the cop while I just follow my friend, were going about 80clicks when my friends camaro slows down, I slow down as well and pull over.I pull up behind his camaro and the cop pulls up behind me..I know what my sisters bf is like and I had a feelling he was going to run, since he had no plates anyways.So I kept my hand on the throtle and the bike in gear.I look back at the cop and two leos are walking up to us, when I look back at my camaro I see him looking at my in the eyes in his mirror, he makes a motion and then his cars engine revs right up, does a nice gear burn out, as soon as I realised what he did I took off to. Im following him but hes pulling way ahead and theres no hope for me, I let off the throtle and look in the miror, cop is chasing.Fuck.I cant keep up with my friend so I take a righ.I complete the turn and look back to see if he will chase me, I guess he knew he couldint catch a bike, or not, but he followed my friend.I make my way back to my house In the back roads as quick as I can and hid out in the basement with a couple beers.I later found out my friend got away, a couple turns and he lost him.He put the camaro in storage.So I guess a 93 z28 with a 427 and 727 tranny can beat an 04 Yzf-R1.Don't know much about his car mods or specs but il try and find out some numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 04:49 PM

Hold on a minute...

Yes...

Yes.

Your name and picture are in the dictionary next to 'lying fuckstick'.

I would post the link, but I'm on my blackberry running 180 with like fifty cops chasing me and my cousin's brother's roomate on our new gixxers.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:20 PM

+1, I have built many bad ass drag cars, and a big block street car does not hold a candle, especially if he spinning tires throught second.

And, who in there right mind builds a chevey big block, then buys or makes an adapter to bolt up a chrysler tranny

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:38 PM

No opinion about your story, but I can tell you this...

I have been to the dragstrip. Not a whole lot of cars run low 10's high 9's (that dont come off of a trailer). Almost none of them are streetable. That bike is almost definately faster than your boyfriend's brothers fathers ex-roomates early 90's Camaro. I dont give a damn what motor he dropped in it.

There are some drag cars (obviously) that are faster than modern liter bikes but they usually have tiny front tires and cost so much to build and maintain that they are not driven around looking for street races.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:54 PM

What's funny is that he took the time to type up that massive story.

What's even funnier is that he's a lying pussy.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:55 PM

Do you even own a bike?

Other than a pushbike! cause you seem to know f*ck all about what they can do.
Not that i'm an expert mind you.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:02 PM

ya, i dont buy it, i could probably take him in my 600, i have taken a 04 corvette, those things have like 500hp and can blast off like a fuckin rocket. (for a cage) Now it was from an onramp so eventually he blasted by me at like 140 but thats like insane speed and i aint doin that.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:05 PM

Aw, c'mon, guys, I thought it was a great dream....er, I mean story.

It cracked me up that the Camaro spun the wheels through all of first and second, yet somehow still managed to beat him...

xNightRiderx - Before you submit this essay to your teacher, I'd run it through a spelling a grammar check.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:10 PM

Hi xNightRiderx-

That was an entertaining tale. A street-legal car over a decade old stomping a new Yamaha R1 seems a stretch.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:57 PM

I don't post much, But a 427 LT1... sounds like bullshit. THEN to top it all off a fucking dodge tranny! I would be willing to bet if this guy told you that then he's so full of shit its sad. He is probley got a stock LT1. Next time you see him ask him what kind of rear end he's got, if he says 10 bolt then you know hes lying because you can break those so easy theres noway somone would put the kind of money into a punched out small block and not have a 12 bolt or a ford 9' to go with it

And odds of it being a 427 big block are worse then the small block. he would need a motown block which are cheap. And a 9 second street car is pretty common imo, you guys are'nt looking in the right places.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode