Guy in Moded RX-7 Wants to Race - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Guy in Moded RX-7 Wants to Race

I was on my way home from work today, and slid in between a few cars to the front of the stop light (lane splittting legal here in CA) next to a black RX-7 in the right lane. Obviously a fast car with a custom exhaust and, as I soon found out, custom BOV and possibly turbo as well. I sense that the driver will try to hold his place in his lane when the light changes as to prevent me from moving in front of him. Anyway, light changes...I ease the clutch out and give it adequate gas in first gear, then as the RPMs pick up I give it about 3/4 throttle, shift into second and give it full throttle. I can hear the guy's tires squeel as he shifts into 2nd, then the sound of his BOV in a low warble. I let off at about 11K RPMs and the RX-7 is approx. 200 feet behind me as I ease over into his lane, obviously in a big hurry to catch up to me. I slow down to the speed limit and he darts by me on my left side not long after. It's always funny to watch a cager in a fast car underestimate a sportbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 04:28 PM

That's their last pathetic defense, since I couldn't haul-ass first, let me just go past by you at double the limit and pray that you don't do the same. I however wouldn't do this in a split lane situation, you never know if the guy is just dragging or got pissed enough to take you out.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Well, I could tell by his age that he wasn't a crazy young guy who wanted to run me over; he was just having fun with his car, and he didn't blow by me very hard, he just passed me when he felt I had slowed down enough it seemed appropriate.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Z_Fanatic
That's their last pathetic defense, since I couldn't haul-ass first, let me just go past by you at double the limit...
That, to me, is the best part of a "race", when people have to get in the last pathetic word.

"Oh, yeah, well MY Dad's bigger than your Dad!"

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 04:50 PM

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 08:02 PM

I love when guys in cars get excited. They pull up next to you and expect you to wheelie or something. Most of the time I just ignore them.

One time, right when I first got the seven-fif...I was at a stoplight in the right lane. It (the right lane) was ending 1000 ft. beyond the light. A Supra pulls up next to me and wants to race. The thing is totally aftermarket and nice to boot. I am obviously not interested with my new bike. The fool starts doing a burnout! Then it turns green and he takes off. I just slowly take off and as he pulls away the little red devil on my right shoulder starts to bitch: "take him dumbass!". So I do it. In the bottom of second gear I hit it and fly past him without trying. I can hear him giving it full throtle but it doesent help his cause.

I catch up so fast it scares me. I decieded that night that I do not need to prove myself on the bike anymore. It is just plain faster than any stock car that I will likely see on the road.

So, now I just ride.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 09:50 PM

Once I pull up on the right lane next to these kids on a muscle car, probably older Camaro or Chevelle, night time - too dark to remember. So they get all excited and start revving the motor and let the tire slip here and there. I ignore it, and also I have my Dad behind me in a SUV as I was leading him. So no time to pull stupid shit. Light turns green, and off he goes, I steadily roll the bike in 1st gear, and then into 2nd. It WAS A VERY GOOD THING that I didn't run it against them, because 5 seconds after I took off, a car pulls out in front of me from an adjacent driveway to the right. The guy didn't bother to wait at the stop sign. So after the muscle car passes, the car switches into left lane. And I boot it, suffice to say by the time I reached the next intersection, all other cars are behind me. Muscle car, smuscle car, I heard them slipping the tires.

Btw, those 2000+ gixxers 750s are mean mofos, I've seen it go from 45 mph around cars to what seemed like lightning quick 80 mph in 2 seconds. This was before I ever owned a bike, I was driving a SUV, and the fact that guy accelerated that fast in 45 mph limit traffic, my jaw dropped.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 10-25-2005 at 09:58 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
I get that kind of crap all the time, I just try ignore them now, it cracks me up. I short shift, doing my best to watch my speed and there is alway some dick who thinks my only reason to exist it to race them in their over priced 300 hp 6000 lb piece o' crap.

I lean over to them at the next light and say "you must have 1000+ horse power in that shit box to even come close to touching this bike" give 'em a wave and go about my business.

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hendog24
I love when guys in cars get excited. They pull up next to you and expect you to wheelie or something. Most of the time I just ignore them.
I get that all the time too, on a GS (lol). The best was when some guy wanted me to wheelie by the police station.... Stupid college kids.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 11:29 AM

Hi All-

Folks looking to "encourage" a rider to race or wheelie just want to see one arrested or crashed. Don't fall for the bait.

~ Blue Jays ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode