600 class bike, but which one? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

600 class bike, but which one?

I have been riding a 750 cruiser for a couple years and want to try a sportbike mostly for riding around town. maybe a track day if i'm up to it, but that's not my intention. I just want to try a different style of riding. I dont really see myself riding for over an hour or so at a time & i'm not looking to do overnight camping or anything so a sport touring bike just doesn't seem to fit. My wife isn't really into riding, so I don't need a bike that is comfortable for a passanger. I rode a superhawk and loved the fit, but wasn't so exited about the 2-stroke motor, I did like the feel of the f4I motor, but the fit was not as comfortable,very different than what i'm used to. Stock honda seats gotta love em! I sat on the cbr, gsxr & ninja. the gsxr fit was like a glove, but I'm not sure if that is the right bike for me. I hear the honda suspension is rider friendly for street riding-cbrr & f4i, but is it really that different of a ride than the other 600 bikes? i'm 5'11 & am wondering what bikes people that size fit well on? is it different for everyone, or are bikes set up for different size people? Is it ok to expect to have to change a sportbike "risers,forwards" so it fits you better, even though it changes the bikes handling? help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 07:51 PM

In terms of performance, all bikes are pretty close, they're all fast. ZX-6R has the edge on the street because of exta 37 cc, thus extra horsepower. So you can choose whichever you like that fits you best or looks the best to you. Honda does claim to have a street-friendly suspension, F4/F4i/YZF600R are now few of the comfiest among them. Try riding a few more to decide. If you want upright position with bar-risers, you can also check out FZ6/FZ1000, Honda 600/919 Hornet, Kawaski Z750s, Z1000, Suzuki Bandit 600/1200. And for v-twins: SV650/1000. They're all naked however. Many guys do convert sportsbikes into streetfighters or put bar-risers on them. Bike becomes easier to ride, but wind deflection is decreased at very high speed.

Btw, Superhawk is a v-twin, and the 600s are 4-cylinders, but they're all 4-strokes. Most 2-stroke bikes are illegal on the street.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 10:20 PM

Thumbs up

+1

I agree about the V-Twins I not a fan of them either. Like the advice above there all about the same performance wise, its just up to look and comfort. For me its yamaha styling all the way Congrats for getting into the sportbike scene, always glad to see another in the sattle.

Guess I should change my name, not a poser anymore.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 04:45 AM

Sounds like you have already answered your own question. If the GSXR fits you like a glove I would go with that one.

Performance wise they are all close enough only the rider skill will matter. Suspension wise they are all tuneable enough to fit however you ride well enough.

They are all really so close, go with the one that choses you.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 06:05 AM

Why don't people like V-Twins?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005, 04:31 PM

yeah sounds like you are already into the GSXR
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by Atown313
Why don't people like V-Twins?
Let's put this into today's terms.

Some kids today think the sounds of the "fart cans" on cars sound great. I'm somewhat old school and find them to be like nails on a chalkboard. Give me the low rumble of the Judge or typical Borla catbacks on a V8 and its music to my ears.

The sounds of a VTwin and Inlines are vastly different. Some purport usability and whatever differences as well.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode