Is it worth the money? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Is it worth the money?

Well I keep thinking about whether it is worth it to buy a new bike now or just wait until April. I love the Suzuki SV1000S and also the Honda CBR600RR. I know these are 2 very different bikes, but are equally impressive. I am leaning toward the Suzuki because of the more relaxed riding position and also it is more comfortable for my pilliar rider. I guess this is what I am asking.....
Does anyone think it is worth the money to buy the bike now, ride it for 3 weeks, then have to store it for the winter? I have a deal lined up for the Suzuki, but it will kill me not being able to enjoy the new bike during the winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 05:24 AM

Well Atown, seems like you're stuck with a tuff decision. Personally, i would just hold off until after the winter if you don't plan on riding during those times. It's just gonna be sittin there begging you to ride it all winter long and i imagine that would be painful. Now are you sure though that you just can't ride it at ALL during winter? I'm riding mine through winter just because it's my main means of transportation. But i'm not sure if it gets too cold for you there. One downside to waitng until spring is that it's pretty much the worst time of the year to buy if you are looking to get any sort of deal. That's right about when bike season starts( late march-early april) So the dealerships won't need to cut any deals to make there ends meet. Then again you didn't say where you are getting the bikes from so i might just be wasting your time
Either way you're gettin two wheels and that's a good choice no matter what time of the year it is! Hope this helps and maybe you will get some advice from a vetran or two from our vast supply of fellow bikeers on this forum.

Peace saviornot
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply and the advice. It gets pretty cold here during the winter and I like to ski a lot (4-5 times per week) so I wouldn't get any riding in. I know now is the best time to get the bike because you can get a good deal, and like you said March/April is the beginning of riding season. i would be purchasing either bike from a dealorship. Man, I don't know what I should do!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 06:08 AM

Buy it at the beginning of the year around Jan/Feb. Usually they are still discounted because its still winter and they're just trying to move something because sled sales are dropping. Also, That'll save you 5 months worth of insurance premiums.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 06:57 AM

Hi All-

I'm in agreement with Fast Glass on this topic. No sense having the bike sitting around with nowhere to go and fuel deteriorating in the tank.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 11:33 AM

The only reason to buy it now woud be if you planned on modifying it during the winter. The same bike will be a year older and worth less next spring.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 11:57 AM

However, in spring time prices of bikes go up, at least in here. Even though technically, Florida doesn't have any winter, but come fall, I see less and less riders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode