Bloody 4WDs - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Angry Bloody 4WDs

Just went to the shop to grab some lunch and while I was sitting outside I watch a guy reverse his Bloody 4WD into my parked bike! What is about these things all my yelling fail to alert the driver, I left plenty of room behind him the bike was in plain view what gives? Don't they have to friggin look or something.
Fortunately he stopped to go forward just as the bike was about to fall over. Ran over to stop him as he was going to drive off....and what did he say sorry didn't see you! How friggin hard is it to look in a mirror? Anyway the damage is only a scuff on the indicator and mirror so far but I got his name and rego just incase.
My advice don't assume anything especialy with 4WDs always leave plenty of room, just because your not on the bike dosn't mean it won't cost you if your not there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 10:44 PM

A guy once had a Hummer climbed on top of his parked CBR F3. The driver was drunk, the bike was totalled. He wasn't reversing, he just decided to park on top of the bike, because he thought the bike was imaginary.

SUV drivers are brain dead, it's a weird mentality which says my vehicle is a gas-guzzler, goes slow, but I own the road, so get out of my way, because I can't see.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 09-28-2005 at 10:46 PM.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 07:31 AM

SUV drivers scare me when Im driving a car....I try to avoid them completely on my bike.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 07:37 AM

I pass them on one wheel

Last edited by Unas_the_Slayer; 09-29-2005 at 07:41 AM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 07:53 AM

Don't blame it on the vehicle. There are idiots everywhere. All those stories could just as well be a car. I drive a SUV, does that mean I am "brain Dead?" I need it to gussle gas while it is pulling my big ass, gas gussling boat.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 08:02 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by psudy
Don't blame it on the vehicle. There are idiots everywhere. All those stories could just as well be a car. I drive a SUV, does that mean I am "brain Dead?" I need it to gussle gas while it is pulling my big ass, gas gussling boat.
I have to agree. I've seen more brain dead bike riders than SUV drivers.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Z_Fanatic
SUV drivers are brain dead, it's a weird mentality which says my vehicle is a gas-guzzler, goes slow, but I own the road, so get out of my way, because I can't see.
I think you should think about what you say about SUV drivers. I guess I am brain dead since I have a jacked up 4Runner SUV. I am allways cautious when I drive, especially when it comes to watching motorcyclists.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4runner.jpg (135.9 KB, 124 views)

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 AM

Having had a similar experience with a minivan & my old 900 Ninja, I realized that the best way to protect yourself in this situation is to park so that the bike is visible from the drivers' side area outside the door, and from the drivers' side rearview mirror. Often a bike can't be seen from the inside rearview mirror once the driver is seated & ready to go, so by parking your bike where the driver can see it before entering the vehicle, you minimize the risk.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
I pass them on one wheel
Before or after your license is reinstated?

I hate SUVs at least as much as the next guy, but assholes have all kinds of rides. It's just more important to assume the guy in the H2 is clueless since if it looks at your bike funny it'll probably be totaled!

Good luck getting the bike fixxored.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 11:11 AM

M Koob, I am assuming Koob is your last name. Do you have any family in Alaska?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode