F***em we don't care, oh wait we care about the cop, Dad say's. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Fuckem we don't care, oh wait we care about the cop, Dad say's.

RANT ON

Ok so my parents come to town today, and my girl and I had dinner with them. My dad was telling me about the trip down. He said at this one point here hears some bikes come up. He tells me he is doing about 70, and the bike fly by him like he is standing still weaving in and out of traffic, (My Dad is a rider) He then says that they all of the sudden slow way down, yea there was a cop just sitting there. After they pass the cop they are back at it again, and then out of my dad's sites.

I tell my dad I don't ride like that, he then tells me that if he ever catch’s me riding like that he put a bullet in my engine block.

To all you fucken squids out there This is the reason why we get singled out because of your inconsiderate ass holes, Who don't give a rats ass about anyone, not even your self.

Here is the sad thing none of the people that do this shit will ever read this. They will either not make it home tonight, don't know what a computer is. If they do they don't know how to turn it on.

And people wonder why we get a bad name.

I got shit for something I don't do just be cause I ride a "Crotch Rocket." I know I would tell my son the same thing to if I saw all this.

I'm starting to learn who the local "bad asses" 's that are in this town. And I don't wave to them. I ride right by them. Just cursing keeping the RPM's low.

It was funny the one day watching one of them try to impress my girl as I was riding home and she was behind me. he was clearly on an R1. But the only thing he new how to do was wheelie. After every turn he was no where to be seen.

I have been riding my bike for 2 years now. and I can't do stand up wheelies or any of that shit. the only thing I can do is power up's in first gear, at low speeds. Heck I can't even ride a wheelie on my dirt bike.

To all you find a new hobby one where you can't hurt so many people. Maybe try sky diving and see how long you can go before you pull the cord.

RANT OFF>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 08:09 PM

Good luck changing the world.

Seriously, did you think when you bought a land rocket that these things were well respected by the public at large and / or law enforcement? Were you misled somehow into thinking that riding one of these things was a way to make friends down at the resort?

If you were, then hell, demand your money back.

Fact is, these bikes attract two kinds of riders. People who ride responsibly and appreciate finely tuned rockets of death, and dickheads. There will always be dickheads.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 09:39 PM

Hi EdgeRanger-

Excellent rant! As an aside, what caliber rifle did your father say he would select to attempt to crack your engine?

~ Blue Jays ~

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 09:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fatman
I was riding home from work the otherday, i'm cruzing up the street to get on the freeway and i'm within 10mph of the 45mph posted speed limit and i see these head lights closeing on me from and intersction behind me, well these two asshole squids go ripping by me at 100+ on their gsxrs and continue flying up a street with driveways and cross traffic; one of the dick heads passed me in my lane just a few feet to my right. --We'll just say that i don't like people who ride like that, if they want to endager themselves by all means they can go kill themselves, leave me out of it, i don't give a fuck how fast your motorcycle goes, i've ridden just about everything out there, and i'm content with what i have so.....

Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Everything I know I learned from killing smart people and eating their brains.

Last edited by Fatman; 09-25-2005 at 09:59 PM.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 10:01 PM

Darwin's theory doesn't apply in the modern world I guess. It seems more and more responsible and talented riders are taken out by cages, yet squids live long enough to be rampant everywhere. But then again, for every fallen squid, there's 10 waiting to replace. So I guess good riders are the rare breed out there... and perhaps our days are numbered.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 04:46 AM

Edgerabger: arent your a bit quick to pass judgement? All you know is that some guys were going down the highway at higher than 70mph. and slowed down for a cop. You dont know who they were, what their riding skills were, or how fast they were actually going. Cmon people stop it with the "They are giving us a bad reputation" BS. There are stereotypes plenty, and if you didnt fit under the sportbike one, you'd fit under something else. If you arent happy about getting bitched out for something you didnt do, stand up for yourself.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 04:56 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Edgerabger: arent your a bit quick to pass judgement? All you know is that some guys were going down the highway at higher than 70mph. and slowed down for a cop. You dont know who they were, what their riding skills were, or how fast they were actually going. Cmon people stop it with the "They are giving us a bad reputation" BS. There are stereotypes plenty, and if you didnt fit under the sportbike one, you'd fit under something else. If you arent happy about getting bitched out for something you didnt do, stand up for yourself.
So you're effectively saying we should accept the stereotype and allow ourselves to be punished for the actions of others?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 05:08 AM

I'm saying we are all going to be stereotyped, wether we ride or not. Get used to it, and think about wether its even worth fighting most of the time. Perhaps the time is better spent convincing others that you are a responcible rider, rather then trying to talk every squid out of being a squid.
Its definetly counter productive to call a bunch of people you know nothing about squids. Thats just perpetuating the same stereotypes..

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 06:02 AM

I am not condoning riding aty 100 mph throught city streets or any type of showing off but it sounds like you are just mad because you can't ride a fucking wheelie come on man .. live and let die if they want, I think every one who is a member of the website has opened up there bikes on an open road that has light traffic before. So if you have only been riding for 2-yrs and don't be upset because the guys in your town may have a little more skill. ...

P.S. >> you should be more concerned about the death threats from your pops wassup wid dat..
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 06:36 AM

I'll line up with the OP ahead of the firing squad!

The folks in question may or may not have been doing anything real crazy, but I certainly understand the position.

A few weeks back I saw this guy riding a wheelie on his gixxer up an on-ramp during the tail end of rush hour. How does that not present a bad image for the rest of us? Or the guy I saw this morning passing a dozen cars riding on the shoulder? Through an intersection for crying out loud! This wasn't stop and go either, the rest of us just weren't going fast enough for his 1000RR.

I could care less about what these people do in front of my folks, because they know I'm responsible and handle myself accordingly. But think about anytime you've been stopped by an "asshole cop," or harrassed by other motorists while on the road. There are certainly some grey areas like the folks in the OPs post, but there are more than enough squids out there to give us all higher premiums and worse treatment from our local law enforcement.

Admittedly posting a rant here is preaching to the choir, mostly, but it'll be a sad day when we stop caring about how other riders behave in traffic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode