Suzuki - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Suzuki

2005 Suzuki SV1000S....... should I buy it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 06:06 AM

Depends

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 06:12 AM

if thats what your looking for, they are great bikes, but in that class, i would by the FZ 1000, unless you just want the v-twin.

If you do get the sv, i have got a yoshi 2 into one exhaust, and a power commander for it. a good friend bought an o4, it got stolen, when they found it it was stripped, but they did not take the exhaust or commander I will never understand thieves.

Any way he loved the bike, but after insurance totalled it, he bought the FZ 1000 and say's he likes it more.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

I am definetly looking in this class and price range. I am looking for a bike that has some lower and mid range RPM power for back road riding (out of corner acceleration). I was at the Suzuki dealership last night and got to sit on the bike. I am going to check out the Yamaha tonight. I never had an inline 4 before, but I rode a lot of VTwin cruisers before I decided I wanted a sport bike.
Any input would be very much appreciated.....
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

I forgot to add that my girl likes to ride with me so I need something that can handle two people.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
Depends
LOL!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 07:33 AM

I wouldnt worry too much about out of corner acceleration. inlines have quiet abit of midrange, and you can always drop a gear. Or two. Or three. Or even 4 if you feel like a mad man.

Check out the Z1000 as well. Plenty of low end, comfy for distance..

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 09:01 AM

the guy i was talking about is about 40 yrs in age, and has a cbr 1000rr, but he wanted something still sporty, that was good for him and his wife. I am not sure of all the reasons, but he likes the FZ1000, much better than the SV1000, as far as the Kawi goes, don't know much about them cept they are ugly.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 10:10 AM

well the styling is in the eye of the beholder. I loved the black/red combo, but everyone else hated it. Comfort is pretty good. I got a good friend that rides a cruiser, he is the same build as me (same hight, age, less than 5 pounds diff in weight) He would have to stop much more often than me due to comfort levels. I did 1000 miles in a day on that bike, and while I was hurting at the end, it still wasnt all that bad..

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 10:25 AM

Comfort, yes, i could see that bike as being comfortable. and beuty is in the eye of the beholder, don't not buy the bike because i think its ugly, just telling bout all i know about the bike. i know it has been said to be faster than the SV, and the FZ1000, but couldn't really say.

i can say this, the FZ is using the old R1 engine, so you know it has a tried and trued power plant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode