full gear to work/school then changing? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

full gear to work/school then changing?

Hey Guys,
how many of you wear full gear on your daily commute to work/school and then when you get their change into street clothes?

I plan on wearing all my gear when I ride to class, and all, just wondering how you all do it. Wear a backpack full of your street clothes and change? just wear your leather pants and a tshirt under your jacket?

As for boots, for a daily commuter such as I who's gonna be riding to class 3-4 days a week and then just riding around town. Would you suggest full racing boots, or just some of the 'street' boots that joe rocket and icon offer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 10:43 AM

I just wear jacket/helmet/gloves/boots on my daily commute and then add a tank bag and rain pants if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Easy as that.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 AM

I do the same ndcent except if it looks like rain I drive my car. The boots I wear for work are leather steel toe boots that still look pretty good with khakis. When pleasure riding I wear some A* boots and some good textile MC pants. I also wear some underarmor to help protect my lower body a bit when not in my MC pants.

As far as boots go make sure you get some sturdy with ankle support and protection. The higher the better. They dont have to be MC specific, a high quality work boot offers a lot of protection. A MC specific boot though will be made with foot controls in mind though.

Last edited by Angrypenguin; 09-14-2005 at 10:54 AM.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 12:02 PM

I have textile pants and jacket and just wear them over my work clothes. Like Angrypenguin, I also use steel-toe work boots. They're calf-length and lace up. I need them for work anyway, so I don't have to carry extra shoes.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 01:11 PM

I wear helmet, jacket, gloves, textile pants over my normal pants and hiking boots...

hiking boots are ok to wear @ my office under jeans etc... the dress code is relaxed

gonna get me some riding boots and have a pr. of normal shoes which ill change into @ office.

I have the Astars Air-Flo pants for commuting...they'r mesh and have a very useful zipper which goes all the way to a lil more than shorts level, so u can slip em on and off easily...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MadToothbrush
...I have the Astars Air-Flo pants for commuting...they'r mesh and have a very useful zipper which goes all the way to a lil more than shorts level, so u can slip em on and off easily...
How do they hold up in a get-off? Are the zippers super-strong? We're coming into the warm weather and I need some pants that will be cooooool.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cookeetree
How do they hold up in a get-off? Are the zippers super-strong? We're coming into the warm weather and I need some pants that will be cooooool.
These pants are very easy to pull on and off but so so on the protection side..

they'r full mesh with foam inserts in the knee area.. so u'r trading protection for comfort...

zippers look very strong..

on a sidenote, i think i'll be selling mine and getting the AST1 pants from Astars..
They'r textile w/ knee protectors(CE certified) and have hip and back padding..

Figure if im gonna wear pants all the time and go to the effort then might as well buy something w/ more protection..
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 06:00 AM
Strength and Honor

I gear up fully. Because I have an office, storing the stuff isn't hard. If I were a student, I'd use the Co-Rec (gym for students/staff/etc) lockers and just keep everything in one of those all day. Heck, you can even shower!

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 07:39 AM

I leave the leather pants and racing boots at home for the ride to work. I just wear jeans and my work boots instead. Of course I still wear my jacket, gloves, and helmet.

I know, if I go down in jeans, the rash is going to hurt like hell, but I figure it's a lot less likely on that short ride, especially since I don't ride hard. I've thought of getting some Draggin' Jeans or similar, just haven't done it. I may someday wish I had.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:55 AM

When I go to class I wear helmet/gloves/jacket/boots. Although, sometimes I don't wear my jacket because one of the campus' is less then 3 minutes away from my house and it's all backroads. The boots I wear are Astar SMX racing boots. They're really comfortable so it's not a problem wearing them all day, and I usually wear camo pants so I just put them over the top of the boot and it just looks like I have an armored shoe on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode