Anyone who's ever laid one down - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Anyone who's ever laid one down

Tell me that sound when it hits the ground doesn't make your bones hurt,

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/cyclewipeout.html

that plastic whap and sliding sound, brings back some owie memories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 09:41 AM

Thats nasty, the bike just skips like a stone on water.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 02:35 AM

The sound that that thing made when it landed was pretty brutal. Woner if it cracked the block from an impact like that.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:36 AM

I am surprised at your Thread CMD as it sounds like you want to read about blood & gut things. Anyway you cannot plan on how you are going to take the prang for it comes on overly fast.

Last edited by Smitty; 09-09-2005 at 10:41 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Hey Smitty,
I think my post gave you the wrong impression, I was just scanning across some videos, and when I saw that one - and heard that noise when the bike hit the ground, my whole body hurt - I just remember the sounds from my own wreck, and thought it was amusing the memories that just the sound of plastic smacking the ground and bouncing can bring back, and that I actually had a physical response to the memories, I wasn't trying to bring about any blood and guts stories, and I honestly hope the guy wasn't hurt (looked like he had on gear, and he hopped right up), was just wondering if anyone else had the same memories of their accidents drawn back up from the sound of hearing another persons.
Sorry for the confusion!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 04:40 PM

Looked to me like he was wearing shorts??? Betch he had a pretty good rasberry on his ass. Bad things usually happen when one is showing off.

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

I guess i didn't really look too hard at his legs at first, i think you're right - that sucks for him.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 04:45 PM

Well only thing I can tell you is that I might hear some sounds though most often they are my helmet & the pavement or dirt. Rarely have I simply gone done & NOT had concussion which sort of softens a lot of things like noise, pain & such---including thinking after.

Often it will take me several days at home to get most of the picture of what probably(?) went on. Though in some cases I lost it all.

I have woken up in a hospital, not realizing I was in a hospital & sitll not fathomed that at the time I was looking at the floor you know in one of those special beds for broken backs. When I saw others I would still be keen for the MX event or road race a few days on ONLY reason I was in the hospital was due to a ruddy prang at said event 2 or 3 days prior.

You hit hard & believe me you simply cannot fathom what in the 'ell went on.

I was going to write an article, for a Brit m/c mag, about going up this Mtn to hit the saddle on the south side, around the back of the mtn, to come out on the north saddle & back down again.

All I can say is something went wrong (remember I ride by myself) for I remember saying "No not again" as I was dropping the Observed Trials iron on an icy dinky dirt/gravel road & two part-time Wardens (though full time ski patrol) guys spotted me, saw I had concussion, was bleeding though knew I was stubborm as old 'ell & would not allow them to toss the bike into the truck & to the wardens cabin.

They saw the cliff I came off went up it to find where I had pranged & blood, farther up & another prang & blood ---Obviously I had made the north saddle for I developed some film to see I cooked up a meal just before going over the south saddle, & must have made it around the north saddle & down that side though you see I still cannot even remember much of that day.

It was the editor of the mag, with a letter, that made me look at my camera to find it with B&W film in it & to develope those few photos. Like I think I saw those two chaps working on a 'phone line to the warden's cabin & that is about it.

Last edited by Smitty; 09-10-2005 at 04:52 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 04:56 PM

sweeeeeeet
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:06 AM

Dirty, dirty memories man... thanks for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode