Need new bike suggestions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Need new bike suggestions

I currently have an '05 Suzuki SV650S, while this has been a great learner bike, I'm ready to move up in a big way. My two biggest complaints about the SV are that it is pretty uncomfortable(seat is like a rock) and it really lacks power to me.

When I talk about lacking power, many people will always say it has plenty of power....blah blah blah. Well I am a total power junkie, I grew up on dirt bikes and I had my fair share of 500 two strokes and a yz426f. Thats the kind of power I want, when you twist the throttle it goes NOW!!!

I'm also a big guy, 5'10 about 250lbs.

Now for what I'm looking for, the ideal bike would be something like a yzf600r but with an R1 engine. I just can't find anything like this.

My buddies all pretty much have 600 or 1000 supersports, so I'd like for the bike to be able to at least keep up with them in the twisties too.

The bikes I'm currently looking at are the Triumph Sprint, Daytona, Yamaha FZ1( the 06 specs look nice but I don't care for the colors), Kawi ZX10, ZX12, ZZR12, Aprilia Tuono. I'm open to any other sugestions.

From what I've seen, I like the Sprint the best. But I'm not sure it has the grunt that I want. Also it seems to have subpar suspension. But it is nice and comfy.

I sat on a GSXR1000 and it just felt way to cramped, when I'd get in a crouch it was like the windscreen was touching my head. I'm also not completely into the naked bikes, but some of them don't look bad.

Any opinions on the above bikes are welcome
Thanks for any help on this subject.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 04:24 PM

Perhaps a honda cbr f4i, yamaha yzf600r or one of the other "less sport more comfort" bikes?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 04:35 PM

Personally, I think that the FZ1 is right up your alley. And I am saying that as an avid Yamaha Hater... LOLOL!!!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by slick1537
Perhaps a honda cbr f4i, yamaha yzf600r or one of the other "less sport more comfort" bikes?

That's exactly what I want, but with 140+ HP
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:25 PM

dude its that zzr12, thats the bike for you.....i think they might even be coming out with a new one for 06 or 07?!? its like a damn katana hopped up on nitrous! but it looks real nice, fast as sheeeit, and looks real comfortable and big enough for a big guy you know? i used to have a suzuki rf900r....it was real fast and real comfortable, it had sumthin like 127 hp stock (937cc) it wasnt bad at all.....but then i got a zx6r and loved the smaller ss bike.....but man, those zzr12's would make me think twice about comfort and speed combined......

or get this, THE NEW ZZR-X!!!

haha jk, i think its some concept from europe, pretty wild huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zzr-x.jpg (47.8 KB, 106 views)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:30 PM

Wow. Pretty wild. I have heard rumors there will be a new sport tourer from Kawasaki, a ZZR1300, but I have not been able to find any spy shots yet.

Hey Blaster, I think the FZ1 is your bike. You have a pretty good list of bikes to choose from. I usually go mostly from riding impression. The bike you like the best from your own point of view is the bike you should buy. Hope, however, any input here helps solidify your own choice.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 08:40 PM

Ask and you shall receive...

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 03:30 AM

I would look around and buy a used ZZR1200 if you can find one, should be able to get a good deal on one and it sounds like exactly what you want.

No offense to the FZ1, but it will leave it in the dust, is fully faired and a bit more spacious. Only thing I dont like about the ZZR1200 is it is a bit big, bit it sounds like that is what you are looking for.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 05:11 AM

Just remember that in the twisties, its 90% rider. The bike really doesnt make that much of a difference. Most of the guys I ride with, I can trade them bikes, and I'll still be in front. The ones that stay in front of me all have "slower" bikes. There is a guy is a 600RR that I couldnt catch even if my bike was putting out 300hp. The other bike I can never catch is a zx7.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 06:08 AM

as for comfort in modern sporbikes you need to go with a larger "boned beast" the newer style are going to feel cramped to you because they are... they are smaller lighter and narrower than the older syle sportbikes... they are a dying breed....
Look into 01 or older zx9's. They are not as crunched as the newer bikes and still have decent power stock. Plus you can modify them up over 160hp fairly easily.

my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode